Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 5:10:11 PM EDT
My son walks in showing me that he has put my complete 2nd gen Glock 21 slide on my 3rd gen Glock 17 frame. Now I am unable to remove the slide. Normal removal is not working. The slide functions and locks back. The trigger pulls but does not click. Any help on getting this off would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
what's your "son" doing with your glocks. i did the same with a 26 slide on a 17 frame. took awile but it came off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Take the slide cover plate off and take out the striker. It should then come off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Hold the trigger to the rear and slowly move the slide back and forth. When you hear it click you can disassemble in the normal way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Take the slide cover plate off and take out the striker. It should then come off.

This.

It's not coming off because the trigger's not tripping.  Take of the back cover, pull out the striker, and remove slide.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I wasn't sure about taking off the slide plate cover due to the tension on the gun with the slide all the way back.  

I tried moving slide but the trigger never clicks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

It's not coming off because the trigger's not tripping.  Take of the back cover, pull out the striker, and remove slide.

Got it.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#7]
The "Son" could be the same as all the friends, brothers, fathers, cousins etc that all manage to borrow a gun then take it apart to clean it for the owner and make him take it in pieces to the gunsmith for reassembly lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top