Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2010 6:57:47 PM EDT
I just got the PTR receiver and am currently looking for a G3 parts kit. Anyone have any advice? I have been wondering what I should do to the inside of the reciever, just blue it or is there some other finish I should use?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Parkerize the entire rifle after you build it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Build Tutorial

Found this looks like a step by step guide, check the HK section as well if you can find Jeff (Ghilliebear2003 or it might just be Ghilliebear on here) he built my HK33 clone and has always been extraordinarilly helpful and insightful. As for the finish, most og the ones I've seen are more or less painted and baked, with only a few parts being parkerized. Pretty much depends on how you want it to come out looking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top