Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2017 9:45:16 AM EDT
Now that some of you have tried various Scorpion aftermarket safeties, what are the top ones to buy that allow for the side folding carbine stock?   I also have a Scorpion pistol with a folding brace, so I want to make sure it will work with that as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The original Apex Tactical safeties are not compatible with the factory stock.  I see they have new low profile safeties that are compatible but I have no experience with them.

I will say their safeties are very well made and I do like the ones I have but I'd love to try out their low profile safeties but just cannot bring myself to drop another $45 to try them out.

I ended up cutting down the factory right side safety and installing it back into the lower and not using the Apex right side safety.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Apex safeties and they're excellent. They're a little too low profile for me to easily click on with my thumb, AR15 style.  I prefer to use my trigger finger to flip them on on the right side. They're very well made and fit completely under the "shelf" of the upper receiver.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top