Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2016 11:10:46 AM EDT
My LGS called and said they finally got a Cx4 in today . I went and looked at it and it was the px4 mag version. I couldn't stand it and bought it. I wanted the 92fs mag version. But with looming elections and lack of availability I jumped on it. Got it for 790 . I tried some beretta  px4 30 rnd factory mags and it wouldn't lock them in. But the 17 rnd mags that came with it lock up  correctly. Im guessing it's the 30 rnd mag at fault ?  Next question is it very hard to swap out parts to make it a 92F mag rifle ? Is it rock solid afterwards . Thanks   WarDawg

PS. This particular rifle came packed with the under  the  stock piccannany rail  that they sell on berretta's site , cx4 sling, cx4 soft case, cx4 hard case, 2 ea mags,  stock spacer, cleaning kit .
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Never seen a 30 px4 mag, thought they only had 20
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#2]
To be completely honest , the LGS guy went and got the mags off the shelve and said theses are Factory Beretta 30 something Px4 mags. I didn't get a look at the packaging .He might have had the wrong mag series. It did slide in but wouldn't click in. The 92 series mag is fatter.It wouldn't go in at all . I did go to the beretta website and find there 92 series insert for $19  and got it on order. Cheers wardawg .

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never seen a 30 px4 mag, thought they only had 20
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you pick up a new magazine release? You have to get a 92 series mag release to go WITH the insert to use the mags.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
No sir I didn't ... Son of a B-tch ... Thank you very much.... Wardawg

Quoted:
Did you pick up a new magazine release? You have to get a 92 series mag release to go WITH the insert to use the mags.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I did the same thing two years ago. I found a px4 pistol on the EE and bought it.
Since then I have bought eight 92s in various configurations but I love the Storm pistol. I'm expecting delivery of a compact in 9mm next week.

Super score on that rifle with all the extras!
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I went the same route. I got the 92F conversion kit from Brownells. With the exception of one malfunction caused by a GI surplus mag, it has been 100% reliable with various types of ammo. Some steel cased, some aluminum cased and my reloads.

I tried to get my money back by posting the PX4 conversion for sale, but there was no interest.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 9mm that I can run 92, PX4, and 8000 mags in.

Also a .45 that can run 8045 and PX4. 45 mags in.

I'm thinking about getting another set of them so I can have them dedicated to a particular pistol and caliber.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#8]

BerettaUSA.com has got mags on sale right now. Code NRA2016 for 25% off. Free shipping on 55.00 or more.

Got two more of the 30 round 92 series mags for 58 shipped.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#9]
You need:
http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-cx4-storm-magazine-release-92-96-series/c89109/
Beretta 92 magazine catch for CX4
and:

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-cx4-storm-magazine-insert-for-92-96-series/c5a511/
CX4 insert for 92 magazines
and:

http://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp/
Maglula loader for those 30 round 92 mags.  They are very difficult to load any other way (your thumbs might snap off).
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the Mec-Gar 20rd Beretta mags in mine. The base plate matches up nicely with the grip so there isn't much sticking out. I bought them from Arms Unlimited for $25 each delivered a couple of months ago; looks like they're $28 now.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Mec-Gar-Beretta-92-M9-Series-20-round-9mm-Magazine-p/mgpb9220afc.htm
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You need:
http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-cx4-storm-magazine-release-92-96-series/c89109/
and:

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-cx4-storm-magazine-insert-for-92-96-series/c5a511/
and:

Maglula loader for those 30 round 92 mags.  They are very difficult to load any other way (your thumbs might snap off).
View Quote

+1,000,000 on the Maglula loader. One of the best firearms accessories I've ever purchased. Nearly impossible to load Beretta 30 round magazines without one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I like the Mec-Gar 20rd Beretta mags in mine. The base plate matches up nicely with the grip so there isn't much sticking out. I bought them from Arms Unlimited for $25 each delivered a couple of months ago; looks like they're $28 now.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Mec-Gar-Beretta-92-M9-Series-20-round-9mm-Magazine-p/mgpb9220afc.htm
View Quote

+1 on the 20 round Mec Gars, and on the MagLULA.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeap...the way to go for sure.

I got my CX-4 back when they first hit the street. Its got the 92 style mag insert as the PX-4 pistol wasn't even offered when I got the carbine. I got the PX-4 pistol when it did come out and I like it a lot but I left the 92 adapter in the carbine due to the magazine availability and cost advantage of the 92 series.

Years of trouble free service from that carbine. Do the DIY trigger job, or if money is just burning a hole in your pocket go with the Serra Pappa trigger conversion. I would try the DIY trigger first. Ten minute job, just don't over do it.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You need:
and:

and:

View Quote

I used the included loader one time on my px4 rifle with a 20rd mag and haven't needed it since but the first time, even with the loader, was tough.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone know where I can pick up a 9mm version for a reasonable price?  I have a .40 CX4 but would love a 9mm to go with it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Berettaforum, GunsAmerica, gunbroker and all the EEs of your forums.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the 92 conversion parts in. Mag sleeve and mag release button. Install was a breeze..... Got me 4 ea PB 17 rnd mags and 2 ea PB 30 rnd mags. Just haven't been able to shoot it yet ...Cheers Wardawg
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#18]
What's the issue with the Px4 mags?   I got a pretty decent deal on a Storm Carbine that uses the Px4 mags so I just bought some extra mags and watch for sales on them.   I guess if I had a 92, I'd want interchangeable mags and the hi-cap mags would be nice too.  Anything else I should know about them?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got a 9mm version coming next week via a FFL on GunBroker! $735 shipped, LNIB.  not extras, but oh well.  Beretta reports these won't be back in production for 1-2yrs b/c that
line is making the machinegun version for an overseas contract.  When
NRA sent out an email featuring the CX4 as the gun of the week, I had to
act.

I should have seen the NRA code before I bought my 30rnd mags.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's the issue with the Px4 mags?   I got a pretty decent deal on a Storm Carbine that uses the Px4 mags so I just bought some extra mags and watch for sales on them.   I guess if I had a 92, I'd want interchangeable mags and the hi-cap mags would be nice too.  Anything else I should know about them?
View Quote

Nothing inherently wrong with the PX4 magazines. However, they have limited choices as to capacity. With the 92 series mags you have so many choices and you can find much better prices on mags..

I have a PX-4 pistol (which I like) but my CX-4 uses 92 mags. I had bought my CX-4 when they first came out and the PX-4 pistol was being sold yet. After I got the PX-4 pistol I had wanted to change the CX-4 over to the PX mags but after figuring out the cost of the mags and the fact you couldn't get a 30 round PX-4 mag I decided to stick to what I had. That said I could see wanting a CX that took PX mags if the owner already had the PX gear.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#21]
If anyone is in the D/FW area I was in the Dallas GT Distributors a week ago.  I guess a PD had turned in a bunch of CX4 9mm carbines as they had quite a few.  Price was $389.  Was tempted (still am) but don't really "need" one.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nothing inherently wrong with the PX4 magazines. However, they have limited choices as to capacity. With the 92 series mags you have so many choices and you can find much better prices on mags..

I have a PX-4 pistol (which I like) but my CX-4 uses 92 mags. I had bought my CX-4 when they first came out and the PX-4 pistol was being sold yet. After I got the PX-4 pistol I had wanted to change the CX-4 over to the PX mags but after figuring out the cost of the mags and the fact you couldn't get a 30 round PX-4 mag I decided to stick to what I had. That said I could see wanting a CX that took PX mags if the owner already had the PX gear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, that's what I thought.   I forgot the cost issue, the Px4 mags are expensive.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If anyone is in the D/FW area I was in the Dallas GT Distributors a week ago.  I guess a PD had turned in a bunch of CX4 9mm carbines as they had quite a few.  Price was $389.  Was tempted (still am) but don't really "need" one.
View Quote
That's a good price. Were they in good condition?

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 2:33:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Yep, very good condition.  I believe the tags said they came with cases too.  I may run away from work tomorrow and go take a closer look if they still have them.  Earl

**Edit** I did run out there this afternoon.  A week ago they had a rack of them.  They are down to two.  They are CX4 Storm carbines in the hard shell case with one mag and manual.  I didn't opt for one.  It would be a nice to have but I already have a couple of 9mm carbines that I like pretty well.

Earl

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#25]
picked up the last one on the rack yesterday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top