Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2016 11:04:30 AM EDT
Just curious what other Scorpion owners have done?  I'm getting mine in about a week and currently am putting together my upgrade/option list.
Any pictures and suggestions on what works and what doesn't would be appreciated.
I am planning on putting a buffer tube with a thordsen cheek saddle on it.  No SBR planned at this time.
I would also like to keep the factory sights (if possible or replace them with something better) on to co-witness with the red dot but the factory ones look like they'll be a bit high AND they don't fold down.  Ideas?
Thanks in advance for everyone's input.
Happy New Year!
Best,
Jim
PS - I want to keep the budget around $250 or cheaper so something along the lines of holosun, PA, Bushnell, etc.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
vortex sparc 2 is 100% cowitness and works well on my scorpion
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I did pa micro dot. Great cowitness and excellent micro dot for the money.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thx for that link
It helped a bit but I don't want the red dot to co-witness with the BUIS all the time.  That would be distracting....
I m trying to find an option similar to using flip up sights on an AR with a rds.  They'll cowitness when up but stay out of your sight picture when down the rest of the time so the red dot is the only thing you're using to aim.
Does this make sense?  
I guess I'm trying to find out what rds might offer some slightly higher mounting options so it's above the factory BUIS all the time.  If the rds fails, you toss it aside and still have the BUIS to use.  
OR what flip up BUIS sites could be used to replace the fixed factory ones so they still out of the way of the rds site picture.  The magpul Gen 2 ones seem a bit high even folded down.  
Ideas?  
Thx
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thx for that link
It helped a bit but I don't want the red dot to co-witness with the BUIS all the time.  That would be distracting....
I m trying to find an option similar to using flip up sights on an AR with a rds.  They'll cowitness when up but stay out of your sight picture when down the rest of the time so the red dot is the only thing you're using to aim.
Does this make sense?  
I guess I'm trying to find out what rds might offer some slightly higher mounting options so it's above the factory BUIS all the time.  If the rds fails, you toss it aside and still have the BUIS to use.  
OR what flip up BUIS sites could be used to replace the fixed factory ones so they still out of the way of the rds site picture.  The magpul Gen 2 ones seem a bit high even folded down.  
Ideas?  
Thx
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thx for that link
Does this make sense?  
Ideas?  
Thx

The sparc 2 comes with different mount bases I'm using its lowest option so you could mount it higher if so inclined. It doesn't have quick release though so may want to keep looking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top