Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2014 8:45:41 PM EDT
So I picked up a KRISS Super V CBR a few weeks ago for decent price lightly used.  Read my other posts, it had issues as it seems like many other KRISS's here. Jamming, not feeding, light strikes, you name them, it had them.  I refused to give up.  I tried different things. One, it does not care for gen 3 Mags.  Gen 4 work perfectly.  It does not care what I stick in it to fire now.  Accuracy seems to have improved. My bolt was unmarked. It had issues. the pin holding the extractor would work loose and need to be reset. It's firing pin return spring was way to stiff.  I took about a third of the spring off. Seemed to help with light strikes.  it would still jam every now and then.  So I ordered a new upgraded bolt that is marked "45-A2".  Bolt came yesterday, UPS.  Cut it's firing pin return spring and installed the new bolt and off to the range. What a difference. No Jams, no miss feeds, shot everything I stuck in it.

Shot some federal 230 Gr Match FMJ's, Remington 185 gr JHP's that are discontinued (they were Duty ammo)OLD 190 Gr Factory SUPER VEL JHP's, just pulled one to check, and an assortment of 230 FMJ and JHP's reloaded over 6 grs of WW 231.
(2000) 230 Gr Match FMJ's 850-890 fps
Remington 185 gr JHP's 1215 fps
190 Gr Factory SUPER VEL JHP's 1071 fps
230 FMJ and JHP's reloaded over 6 grs of WW 231 950 fps
That is the old bolt laying there. ASA 9 MM AR  is wearing a GemTech Trinity. Not shown.

Mix 230 Gr Ball and Sierra 230 Gr HP's over 6 grains WW 231 35 yrds.

Non of the ammo was on the RECOMENDED LIST.
KRISS Vector Super V CRB, I like it..........
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn that thing is loooong.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Not any longer than a Ruger PC-4 in .40 S&W........
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
It is clearly longer in that picture.  SBR that sumbish.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen a few members put/add on a rail/cowl so to speak, that makes the barrel shroud look shorter and looks really cool. SBR would be cool, but could be pretty pricey as you need to send it back to KRISS to pull the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I got to take my Kriss SBR for a spin while it sits in NFA jail. The dealer has a range.

I only got a chance to run the factory mag.

I ran three different factory 230gr loads. All work flawlessly.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
My Kriss runs like a top too!!  In Action!

IMG_5123
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
How and where did you order the new bolt from?  What was the cost?  

I love my CRB, but it's been having a trigger reset issue that's driving me nuts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top