Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2011 8:36:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Mike,

I am currently building a Post Sample on your reciever. I think I may have some information for you.

When I was test fitting my front trunnion today I noticed that the slots in the NDS reciever for welding did not sit centered on the welding pad of the front trunnion. It's only noticable on the rear slots, the front slots are centered on there welding pads. The rears end up over the necked down portion of the trunnion and could be hard to weld for some. I was going to drill a couple holes behind the NDS Slots and use those for my rear welds. I can post some pictures for you tomorrow if that helps. I have already left the shop so i don't have the parts in front of me.

I wonder if this is a variation in front trunnions??
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I am using a demilled kit, its an IMI IDF ara kit.

Here are some pics for ya.

I already welded the kit togeather with a fat MIG weld instead of the TIG. I don't think shes coming out! But as you can see, pad placement is a little off on my build/kit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
No problem! Thanks for a steller product!
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 1:16:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I noticed the trunnion holes also. I milled a block to hold the receiver in my mill vise so I could open the holes (I have a few to weld). I use MIG so I need a little extra playing room but the holes don't quite match my semi or SMG trunnions.

Another thing I noticed, the sling swivel mount is too high on the receiver. I've got a fix in mind for my receivers but the "average joe" will most likely end up having to notch the top cover slightly for a proper fit.

Those issues are pretty easy to overcome. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the receivers. I've seen a couple of Group Industries receivers that should have been on the bottom of a rocking chair. Bowed .100"-.140" in the middle. If you know the Uzi, you'll know the problems that creates.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:09:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you have any new info (or a good guess) when your semi bolts and strikers will be available? If we buy a receiver now, before they are available, will we still be eligible for the discount the website mentions for purchase together with a receiver? (Yes, I'm cheap, it's a character flaw, I know . . . )

ETA: Can't wait to get my grubby paws on one of these!
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top