Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 6:09:35 PM EDT
I have a H&R single shot 45LC Carbine with a pretty thick 18" or so barrel.  Do you think it can handle 45LC+P ammo? Loaded almost like a 454 Casull it seems.  The particular load is made by Buffalo Bore and its 325 grain coming out 1,300fps.  The barrel looks very stout. but I'm not sure if H&R uses cheap steel or not. The box of ammo says just to use it in T/C, ruger revolvers and marlin leverguns.  What do ya think? thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#1]
This one, however, is a different animal than the 77/44.  You might talk to H&R first, but I know I'd feel confident shooting a hot load out of my H&R Handirifle .44 Magnum.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
These rifles are available in various high powered rifle calibers and the 500 S&W.

.45 Colt +P isn't going to faze it.  Contact H&R/Marlin/Remington for peace of mind.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Warhawk, good point as I did see a 500 SW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top