Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 10:27:37 AM EDT
Long shot but wondering if there are any CX4 owners out there that can tell me if an AFG will fit on the bottom rail.

After ditching an AFG that I was experimenting with on my AR's I no longer have one to test out. I know the AFG takes up a lot of rail space but if it locked up solid on the CX4 bottom rail I might try one out.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
yes i have one on mine it looks awsome ,sorry no pics
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The bottom rail for the Storm is short and supported by the side rails in a bracket.  I have an AFG on mine and there is a small amount of play, mostly due to the way the bottom rail mounts up and the fact that the rail does not support the whole length of the AFG.  But it does work and it works well.  I've been toying with the idea of fabricating a longer bottom rail.  I'll snap a pic when I get home.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The bottom rail for the Storm is short and supported by the side rails in a bracket.  I have an AFG on mine and there is a small amount of play, mostly due to the way the bottom rail mounts up and the fact that the rail does not support the whole length of the AFG.  But it does work and it works well.  I've been toying with the idea of fabricating a longer bottom rail.  I'll snap a pic when I get home.

Welcome to the site

Thanks for the info, please do throw up a pic if you can snap one!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Not mine, but found a pic of the CX4 with the AFG in another AR15/PCC thread:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9870/PA/IMG00026.jpg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top