Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 8:26:34 PM EDT
This belongs to my father and I am trying to value it for him.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
1916-17 production per serial number.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/content/dam/winchester-repeating-arms/support/faq/serial-number-reference/Winchester-Manufacture-Dates-by-Year-2012-Scanned-Documents.pdf
http://www.winchesterguns.com/content/dam/winchester-repeating-arms/support/faq/serial-number-reference/Winchester-Manufacture-Dates-by-Year-2012-Scanned-Documents.pdf
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
your dad has some neat old guns.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
pre war (world war II) are always going for a premium even with wear as long as they are unaltered. Also have a prewar saddle ring. Would say its worth 600+
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
pre war (world war II) are always going for a premium even with wear as long as they are unaltered. Also have a prewar saddle ring. Would say its worth 600+
View Quote

I would say that's close.

A lot of SRCs are missing their SRs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
your dad has some neat old guns.
View Quote

Thanks.  He sure has a bunch of interesting ones.  He has been downsizing and starting to get rid of a few things.  This gun used to belong to his brother so we are not sure where it came from, but he has had it for a while and neither of us know anything about these old lever guns.  Some of the others I have been trying to learn about he just picked up over the years because he thought they were neat, or because he always wanted one.  I think this one might be staying in the stable.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:04:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if the ladder sight on an SRC was an order Item? Have you lettered it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top