Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2014 6:27:36 PM EDT
Can a BLR chamber a round fed from the ejection port or does it have to be fed from the mag?

I'm thinkin a BLR takedown would be a sweet all purpose rifle.  With  pump shotgun i can fire 6rds from the side saddle faster than stuffing the tube. Was thinking of a shotcard and sme velcro and i could accomplish the same thing. But with a rifle!
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure it would load, but not as fast as a pump shotgun.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't know and I own a .308 non take down BLR.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not ?
The extractor is spring loaded.
Should work just fine. I think you may have more trouble with the smaller size of the rounds and handling them. The shotgun rounds are a nice size to manipulate.

After thought...may encounter feed lip interference from the magazine. Not as easy to flop a round through the opening and have it lay in the right position for chambering.

Try it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rob
View Quote

But "should" be faster than popping the mag and reloading the mag.

I need to make a dummy and go shopping!
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rob

But "should not" be faster than popping the mag and replacing the mag with a  fresh, fully loaded spare mag.  If you're really concerned about the fastest possible reload, why not buy aanother magazine?  That's kind of the whole point to a detachable box magazine, right?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
At 65+ a mag, for something that holds 4rounds, just tryin to think outta the box.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At 65+ a mag, for something that holds 4rounds, just tryin to think outta the box.
View Quote

The right tool for the right job.  Sometimes what's in the box is in the box is there for good reasons.  $65 is pricey, but in the context of a $1230 MSRP rifle not designed for high volume fire fights (as in, how many mags do you need?), it's not that unbearable for a one time, bite the bullet and forget about it expense.

It's a matter of opinion, but a $65 mag is worth at least $65 more to me than the alternatives on the BLR.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd like a stainless take down in 30-06 and an intergrally suppressed 300 blkout
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Check on Gunbroker, I just got two mags for my BLR takedown (30-06) for less than $40 apiece....deals are out there if you're patient.....just checked again, found this...Auction # 432844063....new in wrap, $40 buy now + $4 shipping....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top