Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2013 9:47:34 AM EDT
any tips or links would be helpful

Link Posted: 11/27/2013 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone that has done this feel free to tell me what mount or optic you used.

OR, what not to use...

something, anything?

Link Posted: 11/27/2013 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Only thing I know is stevesgunz sells a rail that goes in front of the action. Requires drill & tap installation. So probably a gunsmith unless you're handy with that stuff.  Once the rail is on, you can go red dot or scout scope.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Going thru this now with a friend

Rossi usa sales a base to replace the rear site, $14.50 + shipping

He needs to find a "shorter" scope but we put an Eotec "red dot" scope on for this weekend to get him by..... deer hunting !

Get the base mount and then scope like any other with the exception of the proper scope lenght but I would think any red dot type should work for you

hope this helps

Dave
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He needs to find a "shorter" scope but we put an Eotec "red dot" scope on for this weekend to get him by..... deer hunting !

Get the base mount and then scope like any other with the exception of the proper scope lenght but I would think any red dot type should work for you

hope this helps

Dave
View Quote

Recent Model 92 rifles with round barrels are already drilled and tapped for the base DMDRACER mentioned.  Here is a link to the Rossi website for the base.

Rossi scope/red dot base
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased the Rossi sight base and mounted a rec dot. Shoots high at 50yards about 6" and I can't adjust anymore. May need to shim the mount.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Recent Model 92 rifles with round barrels are already drilled and tapped for the base DMDRACER mentioned.  Here is a link to the Rossi website for the base.

Rossi scope/red dot base
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hope this helps

Dave

Rossi scope/red dot base

I bought a 16" round barrel, less than a year ago.  No drills or taps that I can see on it.  .  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Forward of the receiver, above the wood...
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Dave

I do not know on your rifle however the tapped holes are under the rear sight, it would need removed to see .

Hope this helps :)
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks! I might have them...
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Almost every rossi 92 I have slicked up and refinished the stock on has the base mount holes under the rear sight should all be there pull the ramp out from under it you should see the screw holes for the scope base for a scout setup or redot.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Almost every rossi 92 I have slicked up and refinished the stock on has the base mount holes under the rear sight should all be there pull the ramp out from under it you should see the screw holes for the scope base for a scout setup or redot.
View Quote

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated...

Akuser what is this scout setup you are referring to?
Also what are you doing to the wood? Is the wood stained? The wood looks pretty rough on mine.
Looks like they quit sanding with 80 grit paper.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
check out my original thread and also check out this websight for how to's and any and all rossi info you may need
my ol refinish thread
the rossirifleman forum
rossirifleman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top