Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2013 6:27:39 PM EDT
I am looking gor a sling for a new marlin 4570. I would prefer leather with cartridge holders if it exists. BTW it is brand new and no issues as I have heard the new rifles are a QC disaster.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#1]
All my 45/70's wear 1.5" Montana slings. No cartridge holder, but rugged, sturdy & ultra quick adjustment via the slip / bite wrap.

Montana Sling
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Something like this.

Go here.

Levergun Leatherworks

Marlingtons seem to be improving in quality.  I figured it was just growing pains.  I've seen some really good ones, and one that should never have left the factory the fit and finish were so bad.  If your's looks good and work well, you've got a keeper.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
There are these on Amazon from Butler Creek.

I have one I got from Walmart in a Mossy Oak pattern brownish.  It holds four cartridges.  I like it and it is non-slip.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I love his stuff but the wait time is killer........  If I just would have placed my order a while back I suppose I'd have it by now.........
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks! That is exactly what I wanted.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 1:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I might get slammed here but I wear a vtac sling on mine. It's not for "tacticool" use, but it adjust very quickly when slung over your shoulder, pull the adjustment strap tight and your ready to go and all you have to do is pull the buckle string and it's loose to take off. mine is the padded version as it makes a big difference.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 1:36:56 AM EDT
[#7]
All my levers have Cobra slings and are just that, used or carry only. You really don't need an adjustable as you can't really use slings as a support on levers like say a bolt or semi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top