Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2011 6:58:50 PM EDT
I've picked up several leverguns in the last couple of weeks.  

Picked up a Rossi Ranch Hand in .357 from the EE. This one is like new, I plan to chuck the bolt safety, add a steel magazine follower, and I may swap the big loop lever for a standard one.  This one is the only Rossi I've seen that does not need an action job, it's very nice as is.

Marlin model 30TK. This one is a straight gripped, birch stocked 30-30 made for K-Mart. I'm a sucker for these straight grip Marlins.  This one has some honest wear but is not abused.  It was so cheap that I couldn't turn it down.  Just gonna clean this one up and add a Williams peep sight.

I picked up this one today, Browning B92 in .357.  Not many of these around and I probably paid too much for this one, considering the condition of the wood.  It needs a refinish on the wood, and may get cut down and made into a trapper.

Not a lever gun, but this coach gun came back from Stoeger in the last 10 days or so.  It got new wood and a good clean up while it was there.  It's the Silverado model with a satin nickel finish.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
nice browning you can always sell the big loop lever off that rossi and proably get the standard loop cheaper. good finds all of them
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good Warhawk. Do you know of any pistol grip stock that could be cut down to fit the Rossi? I'm sure one from a 336 wouldn't fit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks good Warhawk. Do you know of any pistol grip stock that could be cut down to fit the Rossi? I'm sure one from a 336 wouldn't fit.

The way the Marlin pistol grip stocks work is that you also need a pistol grip trigger plate.  That would not work for the Rossi 92.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to do an SBR on one of those ROSSI Ranch Hands.......just put a buttstock on it and a standard lever.......AFTER the paperwork of course!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want to do an SBR on one of those ROSSI Ranch Hands.......just put a buttstock on it and a standard lever.......AFTER the paperwork of course!

I've already talked to Steve Young about the lever, he'll swap this one for a standard lever for $25.  That's gonna happen, and I need to do something about the sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top