Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 9:08:48 AM EDT

Found this on Craigslist 2nd hand. The buyer doesn't have a model number. He is the original owner and says that the mechanical mechanisms work perfectly but it is a few years old. I couldn't find it online anywhere or any infor about it. He says it weighs around 400lbs. It will be secured in my apartment. Anyone have any info about it? Is this a good deal? I'm going to check it out in person later this week.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You haven't told us the price so we can't tell you if it's a good deal or not.
I think Stack-on has a bad reputation for security. It's probably a good idea for keeping kids away from your guns, but as far as security goes it's on the low end of the spectrum. If this safe is very cheap, like around $100 AND I couldn't afford a better safe then I'd get it with the expectation to buy another one in a few years when times are better.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
price please
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#3]
$400. Sorry.

I have a 1yr lease on a 4th floor apartment. No elevator. I would be laughing this thing up the stairs of I bought it and back down when I move. Right now I have a 10 gun stack on "safe" with a combo lock. This would be a small upgrade. My price range is not as small as the weight limit I am trying to stay under. I don't want to do damage to the apartment and structure in any way. I think 400 lbs in one spot would be the high end of the limit. I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Stack On is not known to be of decent quality.  That isn't a good price either.  New, those were $399.  Walmart still sells it but in a dark green color.  $200 would be a deal otherwise pass.  Check out the safes on sale at Tractor Supply.  I believe they are Winchester and Cannon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#5]
$400 sounds high for this used safe.  Although 400 lbs is heavy for a guy to carry up stairs, it shouldn't be too heavy with a moving dolly and a friend. If I already had a safe, and this safe was only a small upgrade, and I lived in an apartment on the 4rth floor, and the safe wasn't even that good of a deal, I would pass on it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good. Thanks. I will update with pictures at the end of the week. I would move it up the stairs with two of my buddies it wouldn't be that unmanageable. My other option is to save up an extra 3-400 and get a centurion or something in that category. Will be back with more pics.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I have that one, but mine may be  the next size up. Its not easy to determine without something next to the safe, for a visual comparison. Same colors, text, etc.  Its fire resistant and waterproof up to 2' of water (unless someone's drilled holes in the sides/bottom). Sportsauthorit y has it on special sale for $799 in the store, saw it this past weekend and it caught my attention since I already have it. I would get a second small safe to complement (match) the safe you already have. IMO moving bigger safes is a PITA and can turn into an unsafe cluster/goat-rope for even the best intentioned of us.

Hint; bring batteries to check the touch pad function because mine went bad, but stack on sent me a new pad and the brain/module to replace, which worked out fine (the module/wires are behind the interior door cover, about 12 screws). Be sure to get the long skeleton type keys also, and there should be two.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Price sounds a little high. But it is better than no safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top