Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2015 10:47:54 PM EDT
I have had my mind made up on a Liberty Franklin 50 for awhile.  Stopped in to Clark Bros Guns in Warrenton, VA.  I didn't realize the internal hinges on the liberty would not allow the door to open >90 degrees.

I never considered a Browning safe.  They were never on my list.

I was impressed with the HW34.  Same gauge steel as the liberty.  Nearly identical fire "rating".  The interior is much more spartan, but I'm not putting a recliner in there, so it isn't much of a concern.  I am 99.9999% certain it is not made in the USA, since every other Browning safe has "Made in the USA" tattooed across the lock.

No online reviews that I can find.  One sales pitch from some safe reseller on youtube.

The 90 degree door swing limit is steering me away from the liberty.  If I put the "pry side" against a wall, I will have to wiggle in to get in front of my safe.  

Anyone have any experience with Browning Heavyweights?

PS: I'm not bashing Liberty.  It is a heck of a product.  I just dont think it will work in my space.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
How much is the price on the browning? Does it carry any UL rating? Not a lot of people on this forum have a lot to say about browning safes, good or bad. I also don't think they make all their own stuff. I seem to remember a few threads here where it was mentioned by people with some industry info that some of their stuff was just rebadged from another maker.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much is the price on the browning? Does it carry any UL rating? Not a lot of people on this forum have a lot to say about browning safes, good or bad. I also don't think they make all their own stuff. I seem to remember a few threads here where it was mentioned by people with some industry info that some of their stuff was just rebadged from another maker.
View Quote

UL rated as a RSC.

$1999 + delivery w/ the Independence Day sale going on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top