Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 8:36:49 AM EDT
Ive got a friend building a house that includes a vault/saferoom.

He had a AmSec door picked out. Well yesterday he called out finalize the order and the dealer had gone from "plenty" to none.

Well now he needs the door in a few weeks and is having trouble locating one. Any ideas?

What is Sturdys lead time? Hes is trying to keep the door in the $2500 range. Door needs has to be out swing 80"x30".
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ive got a friend building a house that includes a vault/saferoom.

He had a AmSec door picked out. Well yesterday he called out finalize the order and the dealer had gone from "plenty" to none.

Well now he needs the door in a few weeks and is having trouble locating one. Any ideas?

What is Sturdys lead time? Hes is trying to keep the door in the $2500 range. Door needs has to be out swing 80"x30".
View Quote

http://www.smithsecuritysafes.com/pages/vaultdoors.html

Not sure on  their lead time but they have something for everybody.

If the room is not reinforced, then A1 has said several times to just use a high quality steel commercial entrance door. If it is, match the level of security of the room to the door. Many of the low cost doors aren't particularly heavy duty and would be the path of least resistance on a poured concrete room.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I deal with a distributor that usually has them available for immediate shipping.  If your local dealer is a real safe company, they should have access to buying through a distributor.  It may cost a bit more, but if they have them, they typically go out the next day.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I deal with a distributor that usually has them available for immediate shipping.  If your local dealer is a real safe company, they should have access to buying through a distributor.  It may cost a bit more, but if they have them, they typically go out the next day.

View Quote

I dont know who the dealer is. (its really not me)

Do you have them in stock?

And it is a poured concrete room.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top