Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 6:56:06 PM EDT
I need a temporary safe for some handguns.  It will only need to hold 4-5 subcompact sized handguns and a few mags.  We are hopefully moving soon and after the move I am looking to get a proper large gun safe.  

I am really not too excited about gunvaults and stack ons that can be opened with a drinking straw in a couple seconds.  I would also rather it be a combination as I don't really like relying on batteries or wall warts.  If there is a key on it I obviously don't want one of those dumb locks that can be opened with a paperclip or shim.  

It doesn't really need to be a gun safe as long as it will hold the handguns and be more secure than the small gun boxes.  The smaller the better in this case because we might be bumping around a bit while we are waiting for the house.  The main purpose will be to keep family kids from getting to them.  I know that it will probably still be easy to steal, but hopefully it won't be necessary for long.

I have done some looking online, and it seems most places carry the crap that is easy to open.  

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top