Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2013 8:55:36 AM EDT
Hi everyone, can I ask for some opinions on this safe?  I haven't been able to find much of anything with Google.

http://www.menards.com/main/p-1908092.htm

I am just starting to look around and was dead set on only getting a Liberty (Fatboy Jr to be specific) due to their reputation, but the fire rating on this is very comparable, and it's currently on sale for $599 at my local Menards.

What other distinguishing factors separate this Sentinel from more "top-tier" safes?  Are those differences worth ~$400?  

Thanks for your thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been hunting for a safe myself. the big diffs are Fire rating Temp and time,  how the locks work and how many bolts it has (the studs that stick out from the door and hold the door shut) and of course size. Then other creature comforts like 110vac pass through, Network pass through, lighting and other stuff.

I had been hung up on getting a huge super nice safe, but at this point, I'm leaning towards getting a $1200-1400 Cannon. I want the 60 min @ 1200 deg rating and they have the 110 ac and network pass through which I will use to dehumidify and backup data.

From what I see on the manards site though the safe your looking at seems nice for the money, If they wheren't so far away from me I'd strongly consider it!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I was going to buy this safe but I'm putting mine in the basement  and it was a little big.I bought the 28 gun total defense instead.It was on sale at menards for $649.Was there today and they had a sign on the sentinel for $499.The guy there said they were trying to get rid of them because they had alot left over from black friday.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top