Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2012 4:32:47 PM EDT
Looking for an honest dealer in quality gun safes in SW MO.  Something in the 72 X 40-50 range.  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what you mean by "quality" gun safes. Do you mean $1,000 or $3,000? If you're looking for a lower-end security cabinet type safe (your typical $1,000 "safe"), take a look at Dakota. They're located in Tulsa and I believe you can buy direct. FWIW, I have one of their build-your-own models and I like it quite a bit.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Bass Pro in Springfield probably has something.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]

I bought:

http://www.armorvault.com/

And they delivered it to my door.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I personally know a good safe guy in the Springfield area, but I don't think he's a gun safe dealer.  I just sent him a text to see if he does, or knows somebody else who does.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I personally know a good safe guy in the Springfield area, but I don't think he's a gun safe dealer.  I just sent him a text to see if he does, or knows somebody else who does.

Anything?  I will spend in the 4k range, if need be, to get the size and security I want.  My closing date is the 13th....so getting close.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:42:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Call ArmorVault in OKC and see what they can do for you.  I just ordered mine and it is 72" X 40" X 29".  It is about a 2 month wait though....
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking at a sturdy 6028, or 4827.  Amsec 7250.  Or a Liberty Lincoln 50.  Most likely will have the big sturdy built unless there is a cheaper alternative that offers the same size and goodies minus the "name" you pay so much for.  There are actually a few comm'l TL safes for sale in my area.  All are used and stripped in the inside.  So custom cabinets and shelves are needed.  But would something like that work?  Cheaper than a new Amsec gun safe.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#8]
He just called me back.

He does have some used safes large enough for guns (one data, and a few TL rated).  He also has access to some new stuff as well.  I can give you his number, but don't want to post it on the open forum.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He just called me back.

He does have some used safes large enough for guns (one data, and a few TL rated).  He also has access to some new stuff as well.  I can give you his number, but don't want to post it on the open forum.

Clear your IM box.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#10]
You want to know how stupid I am?  I didn't even know we had a messaging feature here.

Sorry to those that have messaged me previously.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You want to know how stupid I am?  I didn't even know we had a messaging feature here.

Sorry to those that have messaged me previously.  

John and I made contact.  Thx.  His friend has a nice TL15 I might move on.  Its big enough, and secure, and priced right I wheel and deal.  No extra fire protection makes me a little nervous, but I suppose thats not too big an issue sitting in the garage.  I can easily retrofit the inside for firearms storage.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Am I making a big mistake getting a TL-15 that isnt fire lined, over a non TL gun safe that is fire lined?  This is going to be placed in my garage.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm assuming it's a plate safe since it isn't fire rated.  The heavy plate will take a lot longer to heat up in a fire than thinner plate.  In a garage, you also have the opportunity to build a little closet around it.  This can hide the safe, as well as offer just as much fire protection as your typical gun safe.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm assuming it's a plate safe since it isn't fire rated.  The heavy plate will take a lot longer to heat up in a fire than thinner plate.  In a garage, you also have the opportunity to build a little closet around it.  This can hide the safe, as well as offer just as much fire protection as your typical gun safe.

Cool.  Its a thick motherf*cker for sure.  The door has got to be 1.5" solid and all the rest is 1" solid id say.  I had figured on building a closet around it to hide anyways so looks like im gtg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top