Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 1:23:07 PM EDT
The motion detector that I have is often set off by my cat, can I replace it with any brand pet immune motion detector, or does it have to be DSC?

What do you suggest?  I hate false alarms...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Any pet friendly will work as long as it is hard wired. I am assuming you have your zones set up as NC?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any pet friendly will work as long as it is hard wired. I am assuming you have your zones set up as NC?

Sorry, what does HC mean?  I'm new at this, When we moved offices the boss asked me if I wanted the alarm from the old office.  I just moved it to my house exactly as it was, I know very little about it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
NC= Normally closed contacts on the device. Burg is normally NC, but I have seen a few that were NO=Normally open.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
NC= Normally closed contacts on the device. Burg is normally NC, but I have seen a few that were NO=Normally open.

Thanks,

How does this one look, it's a dsc dual technology motion detector

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-1777-lc-104-pimw-dsc-dual-technology-motion-detector.aspx
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
The best Pet immune motion on the market (without breaking the bank is the optex MX-40PI
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The best Pet immune motion on the market (without breaking the bank is the optex MX-40PI

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top