Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 1:21:36 PM EDT
Hi there,

I'm looking to purchase a decent gun safe dehumidifier as well as a gun case one as well. Any recommendations as to what to purchase would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The corner unit made by Peet is sold by a number of safe companies as an accessory (for around $35).  You can find it on amazon for about $24 shipped.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#2]
This  The nice thing is it is reuseable. All you have to do is back it out. Get the large cylinder one
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one by Eva-Dry.  I like it a lot.  One charge lasts me about 2-3 weeks.  I also have the back up silicone packs for when my dehumidifier is charging.

Buy with confidence.

B62stew
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is another version of the rechargable one - larger and better price than CTD.  Here is the smaller model.  I have two of the smaller ones, and the built in heater makes them a breeze to recharge.  

Something like this might work in your case.

I have found Natchez has pretty good deals, better selection, and cheaper shipping than CTD.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep in mind that there are two different things often called dehumidifiers, and only one of them actually dehumidifies.

The Eva Dry, and other similar devices pull moisture out of the air.  The boot dryers and dry rod types of devices do not remove the moisture, but do raise the temperature inside of the safe.  Both will prevent rust, but you may not want to use a true dessicant if you are already dealing with humdity levels below 45%.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top