Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2011 5:27:28 PM EDT
Looking to replace a very basic alarm.  The one that is there is from previous occupants and is proprietary to ADT, who I will not be using.

I need two doors, one motion sensor, one glass break sensor, and maybe another contact on the door to the safe.  A minimal inside siren is fine, and an outside siren with a strobe.

The place where the basic prepackaged systems seem to fail is the connectivity.  I am trying to avoid activating a land line.  I will need to add an IP card and possibly a radio backup, or buy it already included.  The alarm will be monitored.

Any system recommendations from the pro's or otherwise experienced.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot me a PM. ADT has proprietary and theren there is  the PROPRITIARY. A lot of it is just privatelabeled. some of it realyl is rpopritiary.

Shoot em a pic of teh keypad adn I will help you out.
]I been doing this for 16 years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Install an Ademco Vista, replacing only the panel, and you can re-use all the ADT sensors (99%; most ADT proprietary systems are based on Ademco Vista).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top