Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 10:05:10 AM EDT
This is something I have put off for far too long and I will be making a safe/RSC purchase within the next two months.My budget is approx $3000. Right now I'm leaning heavily toward a Sturdy 3627-6 which is listed for about $3100, Fire Lined and shipping included.

What other safe/RSC brands compare directly head-to-head, apples-to-apples with the Sturdy product in this price range? As I stated, I have some time to do more homework before I can make this purchase so please, any advice will be greatly appreciated! I just want to get the best protection I can get and stay around my budget.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Look into how the fire rating is achieved.

Most just double up on FR drywall.

Check these guys out-

Mine hasn't been through a fire, but it's a bear and has served me well.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear that Liberty's higher end offerings compare to many of the Sturdy offerings.

I'm new to the safe game, interested in a Liberty due to budget and weight constraints.

I'm not trying to stop a full blown pro, just the ghetto goblins that have infested my town.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get into a Fort Knox for that price with many more options if you choose.

http://www.ftknox.com/redesign/safes/defender.htm
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out PatriotSafe.com.  I finally got the 24 gun 2-hr Protector model and have been very happy with it.  I was always concerned with having a digital only lock and this one uses a digital combo + key to access with a backup lockout key.  I'm no safe guru, but from what I could tell it was the best bang for my buck.  

Patriot Safe is NOT the same as the Patriot model by Cannon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
This is something I have put off for far too long and I will be making a safe/RSC purchase within the next two months.My budget is approx $3000. Right now I'm leaning heavily toward a Sturdy 3627-6 which is listed for about $3100, Fire Lined and shipping included.

What other safe/RSC brands compare directly head-to-head, apples-to-apples with the Sturdy product in this price range? As I stated, I have some time to do more homework before I can make this purchase so please, any advice will be greatly appreciated! I just want to get the best protection I can get and stay around my budget.

I think the only other one I'd look at as a close comparison is a Summit Denali made by Prosteel. I don't know the actual cost of a Denali including delivery to know if it's close in price but I've heard it's similar. You can't go wrong buying a Sturdy though as so many owners around here will attest.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Sturdy - no doubts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, lots of links to look over. Thanks!

(keep 'em coming)
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Look for a TL 30 on craigs list locally.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:58:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Look for a TL 30 on craigs list locally.

Just checked ..... NOTHING!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Call World Wide Safe and ask about used TL rated safes.  They may have a TL15 in that price range.
www.worldwidesafe.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top