Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 12:07:17 PM EDT
I broke a screw on my MPX barrel today, reminder to all of you not to put too much ft/lbs of pressure on there.

I called Sig and they were great! They quickly offered me a few options.  1: they would send me new screws, 2: I would send them my upper for them to look over and fix, 3: they would give me a new upper for free because mine is the Gen1.

Now thats pretty awesome!

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they offer you a free Gen2 upper to replace it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did they offer you a free Gen2 upper to replace it?
View Quote
Yea Gen 2.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yea Gen 2.
View Quote
I wish they would offer that to all Gen 1 owners.  I would take that option in a heartbeat as it's going to net you a new barrel and broader range of compatability.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would they offer you a new upper?  One of my barrel screws broke a few months ago...they just sent me a replacement barrel screw.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why would they offer you a new upper?  One of my barrel screws broke a few months ago...they just sent me a replacement barrel screw.
View Quote
They told me that the new upper has different screws that lock in better in some way, and so they offered to replace mine with a Gen 2 for free.

I elected not to replace mine because I like the Gen 1 and my barrel is already cut down. I don't have a problem with my Gen 1, anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wish they would offer that to all Gen 1 owners.  I would take that option in a heartbeat as it's going to net you a new barrel and broader range of compatability.
View Quote
What compatibility? why do you need a new barrel?
Just asking, I honestly don't know. Whats different about the Gen 2?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]
If SIG were to ship me a complete Gen2 upper to keep in addition to my Gen1 upper that would go a long way towards negating my ire over being lied to about Gen1.... Somehow I doubt this offer would be repeated or frankly, even honored.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What compatibility? why do you need a new barrel?
Just asking, I honestly don't know. Whats different about the Gen 2?
View Quote
I would like a shorter barrel that has compatibility with the supposedly forth-coming cal-x kits.  I do not want to buy a complete upper, only to have it not work with my existing barrels.

Magazines compatibility is also an issue.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Im really happy with my Gen 1, thats why I decided to keep it. They said they would ship me a gen2 complete upper for free but I would have to send them my Gun 1. Not keep both.

They also said that the new caliber conversions coming (who knows) will only be compatible with the newest gen, but if you're a gen 1 owner, you get the whole new upper with conversion for the same price as the new barrel, so in that situation you would get to keep both your existing and get a whole new upper and barrel for only the price of a new barrel. Seems like the best deal to me. But honestly who knows what will ever be available, and 9mm is fine. I don't feel the need for any other caliber anyway, its just a fun gun for me, its quiet, short/maneuverable, and good for hunting rabbits/varmints. My view is ill just have fun with this for a few more years and then probably buy something else thats the "coolest" at that time.

I think Sig has done a lot for the firearm industry, so I try and stay positive. I know they have their issues, but I went into the MPX knowing the caliber conversion advertising was probably not going to happen. Sig definitely likes their hype, but if you read into the reality and know what to expect, I think Sig is pretty awesome. The MPX is great, I try and love my MP5s but they just cant compete with the MPX when it comes to actual use. Plus more innovation and companies the better, HK and Colt had a good ride, but they better start catching up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im really happy with my Gen 1, thats why I decided to keep it. They said they would ship me a gen2 complete upper for free but I would have to send them my Gun 1. Not keep both.

They also said that the new caliber conversions coming (who knows) will only be compatible with the newest gen, but if you're a gen 1 owner, you get the whole new upper with conversion for the same price as the new barrel, so in that situation you would get to keep both your existing and get a whole new upper and barrel for only the price of a new barrel. Seems like the best deal to me. But honestly who knows what will ever be available, and 9mm is fine. I don't feel the need for any other caliber anyway, its just a fun gun for me, its quiet, short/maneuverable, and good for hunting rabbits/varmints. My view is ill just have fun with this for a few more years and then probably buy something else thats the "coolest" at that time.

I think Sig has done a lot for the firearm industry, so I try and stay positive. I know they have their issues, but I went into the MPX knowing the caliber conversion advertising was probably not going to happen. Sig definitely likes their hype, but if you read into the reality and know what to expect, I think Sig is pretty awesome. The MPX is great, I try and love my MP5s but they just cant compete with the MPX when it comes to actual use. Plus more innovation and companies the better, HK and Colt had a good ride, but they better start catching up.
View Quote
Are you saying Sig recently said caliber conversion are coming even thought they dropped ALL mention of it on the sig website?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you saying Sig recently said caliber conversion are coming even thought they dropped ALL mention of it on the Sig website?
View Quote
No, he did not say any specifics about them coming or not, he just answered my hypothetical questions about them. This was a casual conversation about my upper and compatibility with newer stuff.
I will draft an email now to Sig asking them about caliber conversions and their plans, and then I will post their response here. standby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top