Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2017 5:31:10 PM EDT
Have any of you seen the new MCX Snakebite edition that is FDE and black, .300 Blackout, and comes with the SB retractable brace?   My local gunshop has one for sale and it looks great.  But I don't currently have any .300 blackout guns.  Not sure I want to take on another caliber.   What are your thoughts?   I am debating on just getting a regular 5.56 MCX pistol and adding a retractable brace.  

Price for the Snakebite edition is $2299 and only 300 of them will be made.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No thanks.

If it was a 45ACP MPX maybe.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
So a FDE grip and top end, wooty woot. Not worth the extra money for color, will it be a collector, bet not unless you are a SIG oriented one. The brace is cool but that can be had on any pistol.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Sexy, but not worth that much. There's nothing there that you can't do with some cerakote and off the shelf parts.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Just get a 300blk pistol and a can of duracoat and save yourself the money 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine comes in Thursday.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I held one today at the gun store. It looks really good in person. 
Theres an unused can of Duracoat arasol in Magpul FDE sitting on my desk. I just might to my upper like that. 
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
FYI Grab a Gun has 122 units last I checked. Probably the best price on the net so far.
http://grabagun.com/sig-sauer-sauer-158.html
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
This literally looks like they dig into the parts bin and put together a franken-rifle then marked it up.

I imagine there are a few leftover parts from the changeover to the virtus line.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#9]
They should paint the other half.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I pick mine up Monday from my FFL. the pic that is shown is the exact same one I traded for from Wichita Gun Club. Can't wait to get it out and try it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I pick mine up Monday from my FFL. the pic that is shown is the exact same one I traded for from Wichita Gun Club. Can't wait to get it out and try it.
View Quote
Care to share your initial impressions of your MCX snakebite?
Wondering if there are any updated parts (bolt/trigger) Anything else?
Or is a left over parts gun like others have mentioned in the thread.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#12]
the more i look at it the more i like it

I may just go ahead and use the can of Duracoat I have in Magpul FDE to do my upper 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#13]
My overall impression is good, the fit of the upper to the lower is good, no play and locks up tight, charging handle feels good and looks to be decently made(could be a little more "beefier" feeling) so we will see if that holds up not sure if anyone makes a better replacement for it yet. The trigger is stock, feels okay but I have to admit  I haven't been able to take it out and shoot it yet, but have dried fired it a couple of times feels good not much creep, not sure of the poundage I don't have a gauge. The main complaint I have is they didn't put any sights on it from the factory or include a sling, not really a deal breaker for me but you'd think a company like SIG could include those items for the price the want for these(but like I said I traded for this one and I came out to the good) This is my first AR Style Pistol that I've owned and the first SIG MCX product I've owned so time will tell and I'll let you know how it preforms. I really like that you can change out the Bbl.'s pretty easy and I plan to get the 11.5" 5.56 and maybe a 16" 300BLK Bbl. later on. I'll check in here soon with a range report and function. This has to be the most "non NFA type weapon" with the sliding brace I have ever seen.  Not sure how to post pics since I don't use a photo bucket type service, I'm use to just pulling them from my computer and inserting.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had mine since before this thread started.

Besides the trigger, it's awesome.  Changed out the barrel for a 6 point something inch, added rifle length suppressor hand guard.  Removed the flash hider and added a griffin 3 lug mount.  Currently wearing my gemtech gm9, which is light weight and buries deep, only an inch or so outside of the guard, not much louder than a mk23 w/ knights can, has worked flawlessly so far with 220 gr subs.

Significantly quieter than a suppressed16 inch 5.56.

What's not to like?

Looks good too!!

-Freq
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top