Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2017 10:26:25 PM EDT
What's the chances of getting a 300 blackout barrel from sig?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Better chance at the rapture occurring tomorrow than getting a barrel from Sig.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
In the near future?  Literally zero percent.

What, did you think this was a modular platform or something?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm just wondering because I just got one on eBay tonight! I'm not saying I didn't pay a pretty penny for it tho!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It was up for 35sec and I couldn't stop myself.... Can anyone post up there piston system on a 300blackout so I can compare?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:10:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm just wondering because I just got one on eBay tonight! I'm not saying I didn't pay a pretty penny for it tho!
View Quote

I'm sure you got the Cabelas special with auto regulating piston system which Sig is supposed to replace with the new adjustable piston.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm sure you got the Cabelas special with auto regulating piston system which Sig is supposed to replace with the new adjustable piston.
View Quote

I got one of those Cabela's kits... I freaking love mine, no issues at all.  It's on the recall now tho :(  I hope it shoots as good as before I send it off.  It's probably easily my favorite toy

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#7]
No word of Sig shipping the box to return my entire 5.56 MCX for the recall (LaRue MBT trigger installed), but I just got (in my email inbox this morning) a shipping notice that my 16" MCX 300 Blackout conversion kit ordered 4-11-2016 has shipped!

I'd taken off the scope on the MCX in preparation for shipping the MCX to Sig for the bolt carrier upgrade...may have to put the scope back on so I can try the 300 BLK kit.  Sig is suppose to also send the muzzle thread adaptor so I can put my non-Sig suppressor on the BLK kit, but no mention of that part in the shipping notice I was just sent.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#8]
No I talked to the guy last night and it's the two
Setting gas block. Brand new barrel. It's being shipped as we speak!
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont think any 300 BO barrels in the wild will work with the new Bolt Carrier Group, post recall.   The op rod is caliber specific.  The new design after the recall has a whole different means of attaching the op rod, so old style are incompatible.

The barrel you bought should come with an op rod.     If you did not get an op rod, then you are really at the mercy of sig parts department.   If you do the recall on your MCX, you'll surely need an new style op rod for this barrel.

Best pic I could find:

I think the upper barrel is a 300, notice the op rod next to it, and how its much shorter than the 5.56 barrel op rod.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Incorrect. The barrel I got is the same length gas system and piston as my current setup. The gentleman told me he bought a new two barrel combo setup
(not a Cabelas) system from a gun store. It uses the same oprod/bolt.
I believe it's from one of these setups.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/5931437/northern-wi-rifles-for-sale--like-new-sig-sauer-mcx-ar-combo-kit-5-56--300blk
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The barrel I have coming is the same gas system and profile as the bottom barrel in the picture.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Also my current setup is a 11.5" barrel maybe this is why the gas system and rod are the same size...
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also my current setup is a 11.5" barrel maybe this is why the gas system and rod are the same size...
View Quote

That may be the reason, and I hope you're right.    There are so little conversions out there , non-Cabelas model, information is really lacking.

When you get your $750 barrel, take some pics and fill us in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Dick;) lol I will.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No word of Sig shipping the box to return my entire 5.56 MCX for the recall (LaRue MBT trigger installed), but I just got (in my email inbox this morning) a shipping notice that my 16" MCX 300 Blackout conversion kit ordered 4-11-2016 has shipped!

I'd taken off the scope on the MCX in preparation for shipping the MCX to Sig for the bolt carrier upgrade...may have to put the scope back on so I can try the 300 BLK kit.  Sig is suppose to also send the muzzle thread adaptor so I can put my non-Sig suppressor on the BLK kit, but no mention of that part in the shipping notice I was just sent.
View Quote
Didn't Sig Recall specify that the weapon was not to be operated due to the safety issue?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Do your part and you'll be ok...
probably like ruger saying if you take out the mag saftey it's unsafe...
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Didn't Sig Recall specify that the weapon was not to be operated due to the safety issue?
View Quote

MAYBE, ha ha, the conversion kit coming from SIG will have ALL the new design parts.  Then I can simply put it in my MCX and see how/if the LaRue MBT works with the new design.  Maybe it will have the old design parts, and I'll have to send it back for new parts when my rifle is shipped back.  Who knows?  I checked the tracking number SIG sent...the package has not been picked up by FedEx yet.  In any case, I'll report what I receive.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I received the 300 blk out Barrel today and it fits perfect. Went out back and put 20 rounds thru her. Functions perfect without issues so far. Same length piston, same length from gas block to chamber. So happy it works.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Pics or it didnt happen.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Waiting on the rifle handguard.
I'll take a pic of gas system tomorrow, "so you know it happened"

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/bravojmc/media/IMG_6489_zps3utldrxe.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Here is the 5.56 gas system and piston
http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/bravojmc/media/IMG_6482_zpssol5u6hk.jpg.html

Can someone make these physical photos?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#22]
And here is the 300 blk out Barrel and gas system comparison.

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/bravojmc/media/IMG_6491_zps14oapyae.png.html
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can someone make these physical photos?
View Quote

Use the IMG link instead.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I called Sig on Friday with a question on my MCX.  I had a 20% off coupon and decided to order a 16" 300BLK conversion barrel and get on the wait list.

It shipped today!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#25]
When you get it please post it here so we can see what it looks like.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When you get it please post it here so we can see what it looks like.
View Quote

Will do.  It's actually on the FEDEX truck for delivery today.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Isn't that the barrel you had on order for awhile?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#28]
"box to return my entire 5.56 MCX for the recall (LaRue MBT trigger installed), but I just got (in my email inbox this morning) a shipping notice that my 16" MCX 300 Blackout conversion kit ordered 4-11-2016 has shipped!"

Right?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Sig MCX 16" 300 BLK Caliber Conversion Kit.  
Ordered 1/14/17
Shipped 1/16/17
Received 1/17/17 (I live in NH)

There was no carrier piece included.  Only the barrel, taper cap, and an allen wrench.  
There is a blue paint dot on the barrel which may or may not indicate a production run compatible with the new carrier assembly they are supposedly shipping out as part of the recall.

Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Above post beat me to it.  My 16" MCX 300 BLK conversion kit arrived an hour ago.  Bbl with gas system, flash hider, torx wrench, manual, warning sheet, SIG sticker, and adaptor for installing a non-SIG suppressor.  It was ordered April 11, 2016, using the 20% off new owner coupon.

Gas system action rod/piston is about .25" in the BLK and about .3" in diameter in the 5.56.  Both gas blocks have a different rear end contour.  The BLK action rod sticks out about 1/4" (not measured; just eye balled) more than the 5.56.

Flash hider was hard to unscrew (no locktite or rocksett on it that I could see).  Used an action wrench that connects with the bbl locking lugs to hold the bbl and a 19mm wrench on the flash hider and got it off.  5/8x24 thread.  

1/6” twist.

Bore looked nice until I ran a solvent soaked patch through it.  As best I can figure, the sharp rifling edges caught patch material, making it look like rust was growing at least half the length of the bore.  Another patch, and it still looked bad.  Took a brass bore brush to get it out.  Another pass of patch and it was there again.  More cleaning (patches were coming out with green on them), and it’s looking OK.  It’s still soaking in bore solvent for awhile, and then I’ll put it together and test fire for function.  

Not chrome lined, but I didn’t expect it anyway.  SIG said nitrided and CHF, but they refuse to tell me the steel used.  IF ANYONE KNOWS THE STEEL SIG USED IN THEIR MCX BBLS, I'D APPRECIATE KNOWING IT, as I keep bore wear measurements on my bbls and like to compare bbl materials.

Putting a screw-on Ark30 suppressor on without the SIG adaptor, and it looks like the suppressor MAY be a tiny bit not concentric to bore.  With adaptor, all looks perfectly aligned.  

Gas system in same position as my 5.56 bbl (16”).  2 position gas adjustment.  

Must be a new manual, in it the recoil spring assembly is not taken apart, but separated from the bolt carrier.  The warning sheet has to do with not mixing 300 BLK and 5.56 ammo and not using reloaded ammo.

300 BLK bbl top w/flash hider removed; 5.56 bbl bottom; Ark30 suppressor also in the pic.

Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks to be exactly the same as mine. To clarify you have been waiting for awhile for this Barrel correct?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Looks to be exactly the same as mine. To clarify you have been waiting for awhile for this Barrel correct?
View Quote

WholeBunches looks to have ordered in April 2016.  I ordered mine 3 days ago.  We both received them on the same day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll mic mine when I get home but I set them next to each other and they were the same. Functions perfect. I'll get measurements after 5pm. I talked to a very nice lady at sig today and she told me they are months out for shipping 300 barrels out...?  Prob just filling back orders like yourself.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll mic mine when I get home but I set them next to each other and they were the same. Functions perfect. I'll get measurements after 5pm. I talked to a very nice lady at sig today and she told me they are months out for shipping 300 barrels out...?  Prob just filling back orders like yourself.
View Quote

They also told me when I called on Friday that there was a months-long backlog.  Obviously not the case as mine was a brand new order.  They are shipping now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#35]
That's great! I'm going to order another for my sbr mcx.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe this is a sign that the new carriers are close.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#37]
A quick 9 shot test fire of my now 300 BLK MCX in the yard with the rifle angled downward and stock against my shoulder.  Supersonic (no suppressor mounted) functioned properly in unsuppressed and suppressed settings with empties not going as far when set to suppressed (same as with my 5.56 bbl that I fire on the suppressed setting all the time w/o a suppressor).  Subsonic functioned properly in suppressed setting w/o suppressor mounted (the 2 empties did not eject very far).  Subsonic suppressed with suppressed setting had 1 shot out of 3 fail to blow back the bolt far enough to pick up the next round, and the fired empty barely (like a foot away) made it out of the receiver (flaw in ammo; felt weak; Hexmag follower pressing upward too hard?)  Supersonic suppressed in suppressed setting functioned perfectly with empties flying the farthest.  Bolt held open after each last shot.  All first shots chambered when the bolt release was pushed after inserting the mag.  A gen 1 Hexmag and a Daniel Defense mag were used.  1-3 shots were loaded in the mag at a time.

Did not try subsonic with regular gas setting unsuppressed.  Did not try supersonic with regular setting suppressed.  Not an extensive testing session, but my take-away is that my MCX in 300 Blackout functions.  

Shooting suppressed w/suppressed setting sounded a little quieter than my 10.5" AR suppressed shooting the same ammo w/same suppressor.  No bullets hit the suppressor.  Yes, I ordered it April 11, 2016, and had mostly forgot about the order.  

Tomorrow will be testing different hunting loads for accuracy.  I may eventually mount my thermal on it, as the MCX is lighter than the AR I now carry when night hog hunting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#38]
You guys that just got them from sig, if you don't mind me asking... what was the total cost using that 20% discount?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#39]
FedEx tried to deliver my April ordered 300BO conversion today, but no one was home to sign for it.  According to FedEx, Sig won't let them modify delivery options, even to hold at a local FedEx location, so I guess it's going back.

Thanks for nothing, Sig!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Where I live the shipping company will try for three days....
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You guys that just got them from sig, if you don't mind me asking... what was the total cost using that 20% discount?
View Quote

$480 total.  MSRP was $599
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:29:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

$480 total.  MSRP was $599
View Quote
Thanks. 
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Where I live the shipping company will try for three days....
View Quote

Doesn't matter.  I have to work for a living and no one will be there during delivery hours today, tomorrow, next week, etc.  and I'm not taking a vacation day to wait for FedEx because Sig put unreasonable shipping restrictions on the package.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  I have to work for a living and no one will be there during delivery hours today, tomorrow, next week, etc.  and I'm not taking a vacation day to wait for FedEx because Sig put unreasonable shipping restrictions on the package.
View Quote

Imagine my surprise coming home from a vacation 3 weeks ago to my whole rifle sitting in a box on my front porch in plain view. This was delivered via UPS coming back from warranty. Judging the footprints in the snow, the UPS guy was the only person to come up to my property and the package had to been sitting there for a few days. I live in a regular neighborhood too in the capital
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Advice needed,

Thinking of selling my factory MCX 5.56 11.5" Barrel along with the handguard and was wondering what I should list it for. Barrel is new, just the factory test fire.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#46]
For those of you with new 300 barrels, I hope this is a sign of good things to come!

I have had a 6.75" 300 barrel on order for like 10 months....  and I have a question....

Assuming the gas block is in the same place as the 5.56 barrel (as it looks in all your shiny new pics),  is 6.75" even enough barrel to get there?  Or would the shorty barrel be required to have a shorter gas system, and the joy that will go with that?

Maybe a pic next to a ruler would be totally awesome !
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Advice needed,

Thinking of selling my factory MCX 5.56 11.5" Barrel along with the handguard and was wondering what I should list it for. Barrel is new, just the factory test fire.

Thank you.
View Quote
I IMed you
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#48]
I am too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#49]
My 9" .300 conversion barrel shipped yesterday.

Got the hand guard ordered with the .300 barrel a couple months ago.

Still waiting on my replacement bolt.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#50]
My 9" 300 BLK barrel arrived today that I order in March. Coincidentally enough I picked up my SRD762 QD yesterday. Only thing I'm waiting on now is a shorter hand guard which should be here early next week and then finally this project will be done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top