Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2016 6:07:47 PM EDT
I sent my MCX upper to have the adjustable gas block retrofitted and hand guards modified.

After a few weeks I called and checked on the status. When I found out that the upper had not been worked on as, I requested that it be returned so I could use it in an upcoming shooting package.

When I received the upper, my first observation that something was amiss was the sound of metal parts clanging around inside and an odd "twang" and I thought maybe Sig had sent me a complimentary musical triangle and mariachi guitar.

View My Video

Upon opening the box, I discovered that the upper appeared to have been just tossed in.

Because it was free to shift significantly during the transit, the recoil springs fell out and somehow managed to embed themselves into the Styrofoam.

Another odd thing was that one of the recoil spring guides also fell out which is perplexing because the operating group was still in the upper. Among the various parts, there was also an empty chamber indicator (i.e.: "Flag Safety") in the box which I found entertaining.

All the parts were present and there didn't  seem to be any apparent damage. This probably could have been avoided by bubble wrapping the upper or securing the operating group by placing some masking tape over the rear of the upper.

However, it all went back together.

While I don't want to get into the minutiae of this incident, to include Sig's lack of response to my email on this subject, it does tend to illustrate a lack of customer care.

But I guess I should've expected that from them by now.

Right now I have a sales order in for an 11.5" 5.56x45mm NATO barrel and have asked customer service to add the AR Lower Receiver Extension Adapter to the order as soon as a part number becomes available.

In the meantime, I will just put the MCX back in the box until I receive the aforementioned parts to run it on my M4 lower.

First firearm that I've ever owned which has sat unfired since I acquired it (going on 9 months).
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
So other than wanting to get it updated with a user adjustable gas block, was there any other reason for sending it in?  Did Sig offer to update it for free or was there a fee involved.

The lack of care on the return package is about par for the course for Sig.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So other than wanting to get it updated with a user adjustable gas block, was there any other reason for sending it in?  Did Sig offer to update it for free or was there a fee involved.

View Quote

Yes, they offered to do it for free.

Even though I received "read receipts" from them, I've had no responses from the following at Sig;

Mike Wood
Adam Johnson
Jim Hadley
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Even though I received "read receipts" from them, I've had no responses from the following at Sig;

Mike Wood
Adam Johnson
Jim Hadley
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike Wood
Adam Johnson
Jim Hadley

SDGAF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top