Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2014 5:00:17 PM EDT
I just received three new XI's.  They appear identical to the older ones other than they changed the design of the barrel nut to the Tromix profile.  I am not sure why they did that.
There may be other changes, but I didn't see anything else obvious.

Tony

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
How's the overall quality?

Quoted:
I just received three new XI's.  They appear identical to the older ones other than they changed the design of the barrel nut to the Tromix profile.  I am not sure why they did that.

Tony

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Tony

View Quote

So what does that mean to those who have the old barrel nut?  Is SIG going to sell barrel wrenches that work with the original design, or just the new one?

I really hate when SIG does stuff like this.  516, 556, etc., almost every long gun they have put out in the last few years they've messed with multiple times so that the early adopters get shafted.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#3]
The same barrel wrench will work on all three nuts.  The original nut was about 2" long, which made no sense whatsoever.  So when we designed a new nut several months ago to work with the Tromix barrels, we shortened it to about an inch long and opened it up to accept .875" barrels.  The Sig nut will only accept barrels up to about .820" or so at the base.

As far as overall quality, the new rifles seem the same as the old ones.  I did notice that on the new gun, the forearm fit was perfect, and slid off nicely during removal.  The old gun, I have to pound the forend off of it.

Tony

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had to pound off a few forearms too...

I know, this ain't GD!

Loving the Tromix FAT charging handle for my 566R
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Pictures?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Any pistols or SBR's floating around?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tony

View Quote

I'm assuming they are .223? Any word on the 7.62x39 ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#8]
My FLGS got a Sig 556xi 7.62x39 with quad rail in stock yesterday... so, they're out there.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#9]
There are a handful on gunbroker as well. I will wait for the prices to drop, plus I would prefer the carbon fiber front end over the aluminum one. So I want to see when those come out, or how much a carbon handguard will be standalone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top