Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2011 5:20:54 AM EDT
Is there any difficulty in switching out the railed handguard to a standard handguard on the SIG 556, specifically the patrol model?  I found a railed patrol for a good price, and I know the patrol handguard and front cap are available at Colorado Gun Sales, just wondering what all needed to be done to swap them (i.e. do you need to remove the gas block?)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The factory SWAT rails come off very easily with no tools. But, yes, it looks like the gas block must be removed in order to get the new retaining ring that the plastic hand guards will require installed:

http://www.mfiap.com/smallarms/sig-552-hg-instructions.shtml

I was looking at doing the same thing with a SWAT Patrol. But after I learned all the trouble (and cost) one would have to through, I decided the factory rail would do just fine...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Scored a Sig 556 patrol with a standard polymer handguard for a good price, so it is a non-issue, but thank you for the link!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top