Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2010 3:10:05 PM EDT
Just curious as to whether the newest Classic models have had the FS "handguard tab clip pulling out" issue fixed or not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure about the brand new ones but I've had mine 8 months.  When I first folded it I noticed how tight the stock latched in.  I took my wife's finger nail file and knocked down the botom edge of the tit on the forearm stock and have never had a problem.   I only fold it when I put it in the rifle case to go to the range.  David

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the real problem is on rifles equipped with real Swiss 551 handguards and the American made folder. The ealier Swiss folders on the first classics mated up fine with  551 handguards. Now, both the handguards and the folder are US made and should be fine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had that happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top