Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2009 9:38:06 AM EDT
Is it me or are the new Sig 556 lowers dog ugly!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Care to post a photo so we don't have to guess?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#2]
New lowers????

TAG for pics
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
New lowers????

TAG for pics
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
You mean the lower on the 556 Classic?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the Classic lower is a bit ugly. It has a really small trigger area.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Its grown on me though. I'm converting my 556 to the Classic lower and original Swiss style stock. Just not happy with anything else I've tried thus far. Its the dang cheek weld. The AR height stocks just don't get it with this system IMO.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its grown on me though. I'm converting my 556 to the Classic lower and original Swiss style stock. Just not happy with anything else I've tried thus far. Its the dang cheek weld. The AR height stocks just don't get it with this system IMO.

The classic stock has a lower cheek weld than the AR style on the original 556 lower from what I can tell.  Are you needing a higher cheek weld than the AR style provides?  Is the original 55X series stock higher?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The classic stock has a lower cheek weld than the AR style on the original 556 lower from what I can tell.  Are you needing a higher cheek weld than the AR style provides?  Is the original 55X series stock higher?

Nah man. You have it exactly right. The original 55X series does indeed have a lower cheek weld. I'm looking for the original cheek weld as I have a set of Aurora irons on it which approximate the over the bore height of the original sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top