Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2016 1:07:42 AM EDT
How should I login a complete lower into my A&D book? It has a magpul ACS stock on it. Also I assume I would use the same type on the 4473?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:14:48 AM EDT
[#1]
seems it would be Rifle...as it has a stock on it.....

but i would wait for the rest of the guys to confirm
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

How should I login a complete lower into my A&D book? It has a magpul ACS stock on it. Also I assume I would use the same type on the 4473?

Thanks

View Quote
Receiver. It's not a rifle at this point.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
While it has a stock it does not have a 16" or larger barrel and does not meet the requirements of a rifle. The added upside of logging it as an other/receiver is for the customer since they will have the option of changing the config to a pistol if they choose.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Receiver as I believe if it doesn't have the capability to fire(yet) it's considered receiver or frame.  But I'm a new FFL as well. So don't take my 100% advice on it. But I think it's correct. Wait for a veteran to respond
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Receiver as I believe if it doesn't have the capability to fire(yet) it's considered receiver or frame.  But I'm a new FFL as well. So don't take my 100% advice on it. But I think it's correct. Wait for a veteran to respond
View Quote
For being new, you understand more than most. At this point it can only be logged as a receiver, as it is no different than a stripped receiver other than having a few added parts.

<--FFL/SOT
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
"Receiver" in the A&D log, "Other" on the 4473.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks much!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For being new, you understand more than most. At this point it can only be logged as a receiver, as it is no different than a stripped receiver other than having a few added parts.  

<--FFL/SOT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<--FFL/SOT

I do like to read and understand in all my various businesses.
I'm a car dealer also. So doing things wrong might result in a hit to the bond and that always sucks and hurts. So better do it right the first time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

seems it would be Rifle...as it has a stock on it.....

but i would wait for the rest of the guys to confirm

View Quote
Wrong. It's an other until it has a stock and a barrel.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

Read the instructions for Question 18 "Type of Firearm" on the 4473.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Best info in this thread!  FFLs...read the 4473!  You would be surprised how many have not!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top