Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2014 11:38:28 AM EDT
From what I have heard the feds closed the doors on people getting an FFL to be a "Kitchen Table Dealer".

Looking at the ATF web site it implies an investigator will go out to your business for an interview and verify ordinances.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I would venture to guess most FFLS, or at least a large percentage, do not have a "Brick & Mortar Business".
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I just did a transfer with a new FFL in my area. Very much a "kitchen table" setup. Really nice guy, "gunshop" was in his den, wife and kids were running around.

He got into it to do Gunsmithing, and the atf told he he had to do transfers. I have thought about expanding my C&R license into a full FFL, but I do not want the ATF or strangers in my house.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
From what I have heard the feds closed the doors on people getting an FFL to be a "Kitchen Table Dealer".

Looking at the ATF web site it implies an investigator will go out to your business for an interview and verify ordinances.
View Quote

Take a second and scroll down. There are several threads on this topic.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
How don't know how this rumor keeps going after 20+ years. It all boils down to your ZONING!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How don't know how this rumor keeps going after 20+ years. It all boils down to your ZONING!
View Quote

Well being/not being a prohibited person also plays a role too
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you hear such bullshit?
You should go back and bitch slap the moron who told you that. Then kick him in the nuts for me.

View Quote

Ever heard of a home based business?
If that's where you keep your kitchen table, that's were you'll meet with your IOI.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Well into my 4th year as an 01 FFL at the kitchen table. My IOI (the ATF employee that does the interview) complimented my wife's taste in furniture. As stated above, it's all about the zoning and passing your background check.

post pics if you kick someone in the balls.....
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well into my 4th year as an 01 FFL at the kitchen table. My IOI (the ATF employee that does the interview) complimented my wife's taste in furniture. As stated above, it's all about the zoning and passing your background check.

post pics if you kick someone in the balls.....
View Quote

deleted

sorry didn't see not GD
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just did a transfer with a new FFL in my area. Very much a "kitchen table" setup. Really nice guy, "gunshop" was in his den, wife and kids were running around.

He got into it to do Gunsmithing, and the atf told he he had to do transfers. I have thought about expanding my C&R license into a full FFL, but I do not want the ATF or strangers in my house.
View Quote

They lied!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They lied!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They lied!

Misunderstanding on what the gunsmith said, I think.  You need a FFL 01 and to legally record any transfers for a gunsmith that will hold the firearm overnight. That's likely what the BATFE told the gunsmith.  I don't think the gunsmith/FFL meant he had to accept FFL transfers as a part of his business.

Unless the gunsmith misunderstood.

Jeff
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#11]
S
Quoted:

Misunderstanding on what the gunsmith said, I think.  You need a FFL 01 and to legally record any transfers for a gunsmith that will hold the firearm overnight. That's likely what the BATFE told the gunsmith.  I don't think the gunsmith/FFL meant he had to accept FFL transfers as a part of his business.

Jeff
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They lied!

Jeff

I don't know for sure what they told him or didn't.  I just know what he said to me. And that was if he had a FFL business, he had to accept ffl transfers. I found him through aim's ffl locater, he was new to my area. That's how the topic came up.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Zoning and background check. Zoning being the main issue. The background check is no more than a regular NICS check like when you buy a gun. So if you can get a gun and have no zoning issues you should be able to get a ffl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top