Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2013 2:27:28 PM EDT
Can any one direct me to some documentation.

I have an ATF guy saying that the PICS number is good for 24 hours.  The PICS operators say good until mid night on the day of the call.  

The PA problem is that the PICS system is not strong enough for the current volume, and buyers need to come back on day 2.

Any input?
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
if pics is calling you back on day two and they pic up on day two, isnt that before midnight on the same day? i just got a delayed yesterday for teh first time and i will have to use the portions on the 4473 for delayed responses but is that what you mean? i have alsway got a yeah or ney except for that first delayed so im not sure what you mean by waiting till day two.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought the approval number was good until the close of business the same day. If the buyer comes back the next day, then technically you need to make another call.

Couldn't you log the gun into your gunsmithing bound book for "cleaning" or "repairs" ?  That way you wouldn't need to run a check on them again when they come to pick it up.

It's no different than if they buy the gun, leave for an hour then return to have a set of night sights installed. You are not required to do a background check to return a gun to a customer if it is there for gunsmithing.

On the flipside... if a gun is left with you for consignment sale... you 'gotta run a check on them before returning the gun to them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
art.. holy wow!! hows your business going? i dont know if you remember but i was talking to you about selling you an iroc a couple years ago..... now i got my ffl too.

i gopt a call back finally about my delayed customer, he got approved and i was told if domnt want the approval number now it would be good for another week. so there is another option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top