Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2010 11:46:33 AM EDT
Also is there a requirment to have a "cash bond" in order to get a local business license? I got this sheet with my  FFL form that states that local autorities might demand these two to grant you a permit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a NY biz license (authority to collect sales tax) and was not req to get any sort of "cash bond". I think all you need is an EIN (employer ID number).

Let me know if you have any questions about this stuff... NY is a pain in the @ss
Quoted:
Also is there a requirment to have a "cash bond" in order to get a local business license? I got this sheet with my  FFL form that states that local autorities might demand these two to grant you a permit.

Man you're a breath of fresh air! I live in Rockland (Ramapo) Iam seriously thinking opening a local funstore , starting out small, (transfers , showing the local hasidic community the benefit of gun ownership ) My main concern is having the overhead pressure of a costly insurence which i don't even know if a small startup business would need at all (what potential bad could come out by selling guns the legal way to legal people?). What is this stuff you mentioned about "collecting sales tax" i guess all businesses need to pay sales tax?
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a NY biz license (authority to collect sales tax) and was not req to get any sort of "cash bond". I think all you need is an EIN (employer ID number).

Let me know if you have any questions about this stuff... NY is a pain in the @ss
Quoted:

What state permits are required in NY? Do you need to be approved by the state police to operate a FFL out of your home?
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
once you get your FFL you have to apply with your county and go through the same stuff you do with a pistol permit... finger prints, 4 sigs, $94 fee in Putnam Co.

Is that to sell pistols or just for the FFL in general?
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure it's for the FFL in general. You should call your county pistol permit dept to find out for sure.
Quoted:
Quoted:
once you get your FFL you have to apply with your county and go through the same stuff you do with a pistol permit... finger prints, 4 sigs, $94 fee in Putnam Co.

Is that to sell pistols or just for the FFL in general?

It's clearly says on the form that you need it for handguns only. I think i saw also on the NY state police website as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top