Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2009 8:33:16 PM EDT
I believe I read that a FFL can store guns at a site other this the FFL business location.  Not sell from the location––just store.  On the Form 7 application, does this other area have to be listed?  Or, is there another form?
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no area on the F 7 specifically to list any off-site storage location(s) for firearms inventory. You can just write it on a separate piece of paper and attach it to the F 7, or just tell the ATF when they come out to do your initial inspection.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you can do off-site storage that does not have to be licensed. A lot of distributors do it this way due to space. Some larger stores also do this also. I have done it also with collectible type firearms or ones that I just did not feel comfortable leaving at the the store.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes, you can do off-site storage that does not have to be licensed. A lot of distributors do it this way due to space. Some larger stores also do this also. I have done it also with collectible type firearms or ones that I just did not feel comfortable leaving at the the store.

So do I need to list this other "storage" location on anything other than a note in my A&D book.  Do I have to formally declare the address to the ATF, etc?  I already have my 01.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So do I need to list this other "storage" location on anything other than a note in my A&D book.  Do I have to formally declare the address to the ATF, etc?  I already have my 01.

You only need to tell them the address.  I have nevered wriitten down where it is. But then my storage area is also my mailing, shipping address,and machine/gunsmith shop. My premise is a rented office space.

As for the bound book I have never made a note as to where a gun is.  It could be in office or in my shop.  It is still in book until  transfered to customer.

CEW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top