Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2009 11:42:26 AM EDT
What programs are you ffls using for pint of sale and bound book? The company I work for is growing and I am looking for a better system to handle our increasing volume.

Any feed back and recomendations are apperciated.

Thank you,
Link Posted: 1/3/2009 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No one has, or is using a program?
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
For what it is worth....

Stay away from Celerant Technologies....FAR AWAY!!!!!

Our store spent a helluva lot of money on the Celerant system and it sucked. While setting up the system there were several hidden or additional charges, and even after we had the system there were still more charges.

part of the set-up fee was $3000 for three days of on site training. Which consisted of the trainer spending most of the first day talking on her cell phone trying to help another client. Then on the third day she left 6 hours early for a dental appointment. A couple months later Celerant sends us a bill wanting $980 for food and lodging for the three days the trainer was in town....

We called BULLSHIT! and refused to pay. The contract stated $3000 for on site training, and made no mention of "food & lodging". Celerant finally dropped the $980 bill.

The "bound book" part of the software is totally worthless. You cannot edit the information if you make a mistake in entering a firearm. We raised hell about this, and their reply was just make another entry for the gun. We told them the ATF would very very much dislike seeing the same gun listed twice with different info on each entry.

They replied that it was an issue they would address in the next software upgrade. When? They weren't sure when the upgrade would come out. After several calls and emails they finally told us away to go into the program and edit the bound book info. It was a major pain in the ass time consuming method.

The firearms part of the program sucks, customer service sucks, and they will try to nickle and dime you to death with "extra" charges. We scrapped the whole damn system and use a paper bound book and QuickBooks POS Pro.

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone use Sports South's Free software for this?
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I just installed the Sports South software. LOCK UP!    Nice.. guess I won't be using that POS program.

Link Posted: 1/10/2009 5:23:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just installed the Sports South software. LOCK UP!    Nice.. guess I won't be using that POS program.

Did you call SSI Tech Support?

I have been using the Sports South SINSO Point of Sale and Firearms Mgmt System for 3 years - never a problem. (I purchased full software system)  Tech Support has been excellent.  They have since discontinued the SINSO software, and now offer ARS Business Solutions... I chose to continue with SINSO, so cannot provide any comments on the new software.
Try calling their Tech Support... they should be able to resolve the issue.

Link Posted: 1/10/2009 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been using Ebound from Gunderson (sp?) software for 1.5 years. I like it for the most part. Tom is working on an updated version that is to be out the first part of next year. While the current version does not have a POS system, the update might. He is great about answering questions as well. It also does not currently have multiple bound books which I want now since I have a SOT and want to keep an electronic a&d of those as well. I know he sent out an email wanting to know what changes you would like to see with the new version. Pretty smart of him to get customer input before the product drops!

I also have the new sport south software but I have yet to install it. I was wanting a second bound book to log cleaning firearms and Class 3 stuff.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got back from the Shot Show. The EZ4473 program looked nice. AFS 4473 Filling Software is $499 and you can get the double sided printer, AFS OKI-Data Printer B430DN for $265.

EZ4473.com

800-543-3150

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, I saw this at the shot show too, not to mention the hottie getting everyone's attention.  
The software looked fairly nice and straight forward, like a FFL designed it.
My only problem is the price tag.  Its a little steep for the in home dealer, especially when we
might be wiped out through legislation in the next year or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top