Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2008 11:11:27 AM EDT
I am going to turn 21 soon and want to start a small buisness or start collecting.  I was told by the local gunshop first to get my 03C&R license.  Only one question i really have is, can you get it while living in an Apt?  I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find MO's rules on this.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#1]
An 03 license only allows you to collect. It is not for dealing in firearms.

I know of a few people that live in an apartment that have an 03 FFL
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
ok, that works.  Is there somebody i can call or contact to find out for sure?
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ok, that works.  Is there somebody i can call or contact to find out for sure?

BATFE doesn't care where you live for an 03FFl Curio & Relic license. As long as it is legal in your locality.
Go to their website and order the application packet.

You will have to do considerably more to get an 01FFL (dealer).
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It seems that with everything i've looked at it is very easy to get an 03, almost too easy?  Am i missing something?  Are there any common problems i should know?
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It seems that with everything i've looked at it is very easy to get an 03, almost too easy?  Am i missing something?  Are there any common problems i should know?

To get 03FFL (C&R):
1. Fill out application & follow directions.
2. Send $30 check.
3. Wait a couple of months for license to arrive.

Actually getting the 01FFL (Dealer) wasn't that difficult.
1. Fill out application & follow directions.
2. Two photos.
3. Fingerprints.
4. $200 check.
5. Wait for interview (seven weeks)
6. Wait for license to arrive (seven more weeks)

Understand that the 01FFL is for those who want to be in the business of buying & selling firearms. There is no requirement that you make a certain $$$ profit or even a certain # of sales. Your entire business may be doing nothing but firearm transfers.

There are several threads in this forum regarding what is a "business" in the eyes of the BATFE.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
3. Wait a couple of months for license to arrive.

I received my C&R license 3 weeks to the day from when I mailed the application.

I had heard that was about the normal time frame.  I used a credit card for payment, so maybe that sped things up a bit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just remember that with an 03 FFL you cannot deal in firearms it is for collecting. You also cannot purchase new modern firearms, only those that are classified as a C&R firearm.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top