Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2020 10:17:26 PM EDT
I realize the BHO “nub” is different, but is that it?  Will a standard trigger pack work in a NATO stock, just without last round BHO?  I’m sitting here with a NATO stock, no NATO trigger pack, a perfectly good A3 stock setup and the wait for Steyr to get it together is killing me.  I don’t want to damage anything by mismatching parts, but I can live without BHO. Is there more to it, or can I go for it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I realize the BHO “nub” is different, but is that it?  Yes. Will a standard trigger pack work in a NATO stock, just without last round BHO? Yes. I’m sitting here with a NATO stock, no NATO trigger pack, a perfectly good A3 stock setup and the wait for Steyr to get it together is killing me.  I don’t want to damage anything by mismatching parts, but I can live without BHO. Is there more to it, or can I go for it? Go for it.
View Quote

I don't recall if the A3 external bolt release nub will interfere with the wall of the NATO stock. I don't think so, but you'll find out in about 2 seconds if it does (the stock pin won't fit if it interferes).
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Call Pete and see if he has a NATO BHO, swap 'em yourself.

I believe Maleante is correct and the standard pack fits the NATO stock, but I can only remember going the other way (NATO pack to standard stock).

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I was told years ago - no.
NATO to NATO.
But I did not stay in a Holiday Inn lately.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The lower stud below the BHO that interfaces with the A3 stock bolt release lever hits the shelf in the NATO stock, preventing the trigger pack from being fully inserted.  It looks like that stud can be removed, since it freely spins about its long axis.  I need to find an exploded view of the trigger pack...

In the meantime, I have an email into Pete inquiring about NATO trigger pack/BHO availability.  Thanks to all who responded!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The lower stud below the BHO that interfaces with the A3 stock bolt release lever hits the shelf in the NATO stock, preventing the trigger pack from being fully inserted.  It looks like that stud can be removed, since it freely spins about its long axis.  I need to find an exploded view of the trigger pack...

In the meantime, I have an email into Pete inquiring about NATO trigger pack/BHO availability.  Thanks to all who responded!
View Quote

Ah bummer, if memory serves, you have to push the flush pin in towards the pack body to remove it, then slide the BHO out and I *think* the A3-specific stud pushes out to the rear of the now-removed BHO.  Vague memory based on WECSOG-converting an A2 pack to an A3 BHO... if you can find a non-NATO A2 pack that might also work (still w/o the NATO BHO of course).  Just removing the BHO entirely might be your best bet for now.

FWIW, a NATO BHO in an AUG magazine configuration causes the bolt to lock open every other round... I never tried the reverse.

Now you've really got me wondering where my collection of spare hammer packs got to
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top