Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Good thing is I asked a friend of mine to pick it up for me before it could be sold.
It’s sitting in his safe 200+ km from me between a USR and a Colt 6520
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plus get a white one and make a Star Wars storm trooper gun!
View Quote

Stormtroopers never had anything that cool!
Yeah the white ones do look like something they'd carry though. I like the one a member here stenciled the Imperial seal on.

*Their MG34s were cool.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good thing is I asked a friend of mine to pick it up for me before it could be sold.
View Quote
Yet another thing we cannot do in the US (legally).

You Italians have so much freedom!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Stormtroopers never had anything that cool!
Yeah the white ones do look like something they'd carry though. I like the one a member here stenciled the Imperial seal on.

*Their MG34s were cool.
View Quote

That’s the one I’m thinking of with the imperial symbol on the above the Magwell. I know they didn’t have one in the movies otherwise they would hit everything they shot at and the movies would be over pretty fast! Not in the movie but looks like it. Although those shorty par15 pistol builds in white with the long rail and cookie cutter comp are pretty close too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yet another thing we cannot do in the US (legally).

You Italians have so much freedom!
View Quote

Not really
My friend has a gun license and the Aug is registered under his name.. so technically he’s the owner now. He’ll sell it to me later.

The amount of freedom you have is unique.. even if you have to pay the tax stamps to the kingdom at least you have access to nfa items
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The amount of freedom you have is unique.. even if you have to pay the tax stamps to the kingdom at least you have access to nfa items
View Quote
Yeah, the ones we can afford anyway... MG prices have been drastically increased due to government-imposed artificial scarcity since 1986.
Post-86 MGs are obtainable by some, but it's the most "red tape" ever... One must either be a special business, the government, or a designated employee of either.

Here in the US though, him buying an AUG with the intent to resell to you would be considered a straw purchase, and technically illegal (unless your friend is a licensed firearms business). Of course intent is hard to prove when not confessed, but perjury on the 4473 form is another crime.

I guess you are right though. Restrictions are different everywhere, so one must consider the totality. It's crazy seeing what infringements all the various governments come up with.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Got an in-stock notification and while waiting for my FFL to respond to me it went out of stock. Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got an in-stock notification and while waiting for my FFL to respond to me it went out of stock. Oh well.
View Quote

Typically after online purchase there's a time period for upload of the FFL license. Given the present situation you may want to buy first and figure out the transfer after the fact.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Typically after online purchase there's a time period for upload of the FFL license. Given the present situation you may want to buy first and figure out the transfer after the fact.
View Quote

I always do this to hold it, I can find a different FFL in my area but some deals are worth jumping on
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Went out yesterday and ran it pretty hard. You guys might be onto something here, I like this gun

Round count is at about 700. No malfunctions and I really like the AUG mag design. Broke it down last night, only area that looked dirty was the piston, I figured there was no point in scrubbing the carbon off and lubed it and the rings and reassembled.

Question for you all, the clip in the charging handle - the metal piece in this picture. Is it normal for that to rub in the track when you charge it? I only noticed it after there was a decent amount of oil in there, presumably from the factory and noticed a track from what must be that clip.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Good to hear it works well! Just nabbed an OD Green one for $1,585.

Anyone know who's got the best price on mags?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Here next to my other current favorite.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good to hear it works well! Just nabbed an OD Green one for $1,585.

Anyone know who's got the best price on mags?
View Quote

Awesome!

I’ve bought 10 of the surplus ones from apex. All have been good except I just had one with a cracked base, just emailed them I’m sure they’ll take care of it.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/steyr-aug-magazine-30rd-polymer-vg.html
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top