Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2020 8:37:46 AM EDT
Read a few reviews on this +25% recoil spring and it seems like an enhancing part even for unsuppressed shooting with the Tavor/X95. Does anyone with first hand experience care to comment?

High Energy Spring
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if it would run correctly unsuppressed. The stock spring is damn heavy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
What makes you THINK you need a different spring?
A lot of aftermarket parts a bought just due to advertising and people wanting to screw with stuff.
Ran an x95 for three years, never had the inclination of needing to change the spring.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It sounds like those who responded have no experience with this spring. I was looking for less gas in face when shooting suppressed, while still working fine unsuppressed. And yes, I have the gasketed port cover. Here's the video that caught my curiosity. Video
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
https://youtu.be/5FDOXK2p0N0

Might want to try this technique that's recommended by IWI for gas suppression.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you! I'll try that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 5:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
He's right, in that the gas in the face is coming from the piston system. A spring won't change that.
I have to disagree with the video, though. Sealing the small gap hidden under the rail may take a little more effort. However, it is cheaper, out of the way, and you never have to worry about removing it, forgetting to replace it, etc. Putting a rail cover on there would be in my way.

Also, his claim about the sealant making it hard to take the rifle apart is WAY overstated. The gap that needs to be filled is between the metal of the rifle and the polymer body that is wrapped around it. It's not like we are doing TI level tear downs on our rifles every month or something. Even if you do have to take it apart, it doesn't bond the parts together as bad as he makes it sound (unless you're silly enough to use epoxy or something like that). Most people use RTV silicone, "liquid gasket", etc. I used liquid electrical tape, myself. Any of those will pull away without much extra effort, and peels/scrapes off in just a few seconds.

It doesn't take much, either. I didn't take pics when I did mine, but it's a really small slot. Smaller than a coin slot in a vending machine. Once you put the rail back on over it, no one will even know it's there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top