Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2019 9:53:59 PM EDT
Looking for 9mm mags for an AUG 9mm conversion kit. Maybe a steyr MPI 69/81 as they are the same mag.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
MPi mags will work but aren't reliable. The factory 25rd AUG mags are 100%, assuming you get a full mag locked in on a closed bolt. I've dropped more than a couple full mags during reloads on a closed bolt in matches thinking it was locked in place.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Pete is it really.

See if he has it, your when

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/orderinginfo.html
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pete is it really.

See if he has it, your when

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/orderinginfo.html
View Quote
I was pretty sure that Steyr had some listed a while back. Checked tonight and they're not showing up. If they were, a Black Friday discount on them would be the best time to buy.

Pete's the only other source.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
DSA

MPI 69 mags
View Quote
For a couple cheeseburgers more you can get the AUG specific mags. Having used both, I'll never buy an MPi mag again.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm with Maleante on this one.  I thought the MPi magazines would be great: more capacity, not silver, locked up perfectly.  It was all gravy until I attempted to actually use one in my AUG and it did not go well.  At all.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm guessing the MPi mags don't have near the spring tension as the AUG mags. Is that the only real difference? Anyone tried replacing the MPi spring with a stiffer spring?
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm guessing the MPi mags don't have near the spring tension as the AUG mags. Is that the only real difference? Anyone tried replacing the MPi spring with a stiffer spring?
View Quote
Yeah about that... The MPi and AUG MP88 are pretty obscure guns with proprietary trapezoidal mag bodies and springs. Nobody is making replacement anything for the MPi. For the even more obscure and rarer AUG MP88 kits, there's nothing. Nothing at all by means of aftermarket parts.

I will say though that something highly interesting may be coming shortly.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah about that... The MPi and AUG MP88 are pretty obscure guns with proprietary trapezoidal mag bodies and springs. Nobody is making replacement anything for the MPi. For the even more obscure and rarer AUG MP88 kits, there's nothing. Nothing at all by means of aftermarket parts.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such a tease
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess “shortly” is different in Steyr time.

Sigh.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess “shortly” is different in Steyr time.

Sigh.
View Quote
.300blk has been 3 or 4 years now.

Steyrtime. I like it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#13]
How are we coming on the Steyrtime clock?

Why do they hate us?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How are we coming on the Steyrtime clock?

Why do they hate us?
View Quote

I'm nearly convinced they just don't want our money.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Same barrel as the prior kits? If the barrel is the holdup, can I get the Glockified kit minus the barrel then???  Pretty please!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top