Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2019 6:45:49 PM EDT
I have a 6.5G ACR and I was looking at my Aug and getting thoughtful, especially with the factory US barrels being a thing now. Apparently 6.5G would be hard to do as the OD is the same all the way through so it would be hard to simply run something bigger. With that said could one purchase a factory barrel and ream it out to 6.5 MPC (556 necked to 6.5 or something similar) I know the factory has teased a 300 blk but who knows if thats really going to be a thing or not.

A 6.5 MPC should retain the same bolt and mags but run better BC bullets and be huntable in stated where a 556 wont do. Might need a different gas plug I imagine but I think the barrel seems like the tough part and damn it, I just love my Aug!
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
They have blackout guns in Europe. I wonder if you can ream a blackout barrel to that new caliber from Wilson.

What about 350 legend in a NATO stock?
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]
.300 blackout barrels would be nice for the AUG considering how easy the barrel swap process is
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.300 blackout barrels would be nice for the AUG considering how easy the barrel swap process is
View Quote
Good point. That's also the reason .350 legend would be so great with a NATO stock version.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Steyr's always behind the curve. It's taken them YEARS to get to the point where they have a 300blk barrel (but not for us, because we suck and HK steyr hates us). I wouldn't expect to see anything innovative anytime soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top