Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2019 12:12:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Just send it to IWI. They do it fairly cheap and fast.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#2]
It is like $150-175 bucks...through iwi or cooper customs...
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I contact the IWI USA place directly. Phone number and info about the bolt conversion is on their site. They answered their phone and were very helpful and polite. I think it was about $150 ish + shiping to get my right handed x95 to them to get it changed to left. I'm sure they could turn your left into a right.

I boxed mine up. Went to wallmart and bought a roll of plain brown packing paper and completely wrapped the box in it. I think I paid for a UPS shipping label form IWI. Cant remember for sure. Maybe I paid for shipping at the UPS store.

At the UPS store they didn't ask what was in the box or anything since its just a brown none nondescript box with no label / logo / gun stickers etc. If UPS did ask I would have said "sporting goods" and left it at that. But they didn't ask since it was just a brown box. IWI had it for about a month and shipped it back to my house along with the extra right handed bolt that originally come out of the gun. The month turn around time was because they said their were unusually busy form around xmas. I would assume it would be quicker during other times of the year.

The whole process went very smoothly and went great.

I did call a few other gunsmith business that I found online that said they did right to left conversion. All of them were a LOT more expensive then IWI and not a single one returned my emial's or phone calls.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve measured several bolts and all. The headspace issue IWI talks about is a crock.

The official armorers manual doesn’t state headspace check either.

I would however recommend 35 in/lbs on the top two screws. Manual doesn’t state a specific value but I’ve seen beyond 35 in/lbs and the screws start to deform.

I would have let you borrow my barrel wrench...didn’t know you didn’t have one.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top