Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2019 1:13:40 PM EDT
What scope rings or quick-disconnect cantilever-ring-mount might work for installing the Primary Arms 1-8x24 scope with the ACSS 5.56 reticle on the X95? The tube diameter is 30mm.

I prefere to keep the stock top rail, and I am hoping for a quick disconnect setup.

Anybody got any ideas on this? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.larue.com/products/lt204/

Just bought a 204 to go with a GSRC 1.1x10- hopefully try it this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.larue.com/products/lt204/

Just bought a 204 to go with a GSRC 1.1x10- hopefully try it this weekend.
View Quote
Let me know how that goes. Thanjs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
@ PA_Nick

Thanks for your reply.

"Pretty much any 0 moa mount will work as long as it's 30 mm."

I guess I am a litlle ignorant. What is a 0 moa mount?

"You answered your own question."

Well. Probably more ignorance on my part. Not sure how I did this.

"As far as height and forward cant...Will depend more on your own physical features."

I gitcha on the forward cant bit. Height is what I am concerned about.

American optics geared for the AR15 apparently sit too low for all users of the X95. Aftermarket top rails for the X95 exist to correct this problem. These rails are about a 1/2" taller than the stock X95 rail.

I would still like to be able to run Israeli optics made especially for the X95, so I do not want to change the top rail.

Maybe a little ignorance on your part here. Not sure.

"Some swear by "1.93" mounts as they are all the rage."

I guess a 1.93 mount has something to do with height. Probably more ignorane on my part.

"On a bullpup it may be overkill."

Wow. Just have no idea what it is that might be overkill or what it is that makes it possible to be overkill.

Appreciate your patience with helping such an ignorand person as me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on the person. Not all ar15 height optics are too low on the x95. Mine has a vcog on it with the stock base, I have no issues with the stock rail height and it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't find standard ~1.5" mounts such as LT-104, LT-204, and ADM Recon (all are QD) to be too low on a SAR or X95.  They allow for a good CHEEK weld.  A higher ~1.93" like the LT-135 will work as well and may be comfortable for heads up shooting but will not be as solid of a CHIN weld for most people.

All that said, unless you are dead set on a 1-8x optic you may want to consider a quality red dot in a lower 1/3 cowitness QD mount.  Perfect height, much lighter (on an already heavy gun), and more in line with the type of shooting X95s were meant for...  close and fast.  My X95 was nowhere NEAR accurate enough of a gun to warrant a 1-8 optic with a BDC reticle for distance shooting.  My SAR is more accurate but I still opted to go back to a Holosun HS503G which has a BDC if you want to stretch out further with a magnifier.  If you are in possession of an X95 with sub 3 MOA performance, then by all means add on that weight and have at it. I wanted to love my X95, but it was a heavyish rifle that had trouble hitting at actual rifle distances.  My SAR and ARs don't have that problem.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 1:39:29 AM EDT
[#7]
@fordkicksass

"I don't find standard ~1.5" mounts such as LT-104, LT-204, and ADM Recon (all are QD) to be too low on a SAR or X95. They allow for a good CHEEK weld."

Since the distance from the top of rail on the X95 to center of the peep sight measures 1.558", this makes sense. This helps alot. Thanks.

"A higher ~1.93" like the LT-135 will work as well and may be comfortable for heads up shooting but will not be as solid of a CHIN weld for most people."

Probaly not the best choice. Probably too high.

"All that said, unless you are dead set on a 1-8x optic you may want to consider a quality red dot in a lower 1/3 cowitness QD mount. Perfect height, much lighter (on an already heavy gun), and more in line with the type of shooting X95s were meant for... close and fast. "

Have tried similar setup with Israeli optics.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 1:40:39 AM EDT
[#8]
@fordkicksass

"My X95 was nowhere NEAR accurate enough of a gun to warrant a 1-8 optic with a BDC reticle for distance shooting."

Apparently some of the older X95s with the single-ejector-bolts had poor accuracy. Possibly because of bad barrel crowns.

The newer X95s with the double-ejector-bolts, are supposed to be more accurate.

"My SAR is more accurate but I still opted to go back to a Holosun HS503G which has a BDC if you want to stretch out further with a magnifier."

Have tried similar setup with Israeli optics.

"If you are in possession of an X95 with sub 3 MOA performance, then by all means add on that weight and have at it."

Only shot it once. Only had access to 50 yard and 300 yard ranges. Got it zeroed at 50 yards. Got hits at 300 yards with 3x magnifier.

Want to see what I can do with more magnification. Might enjoy 300 yards more with more magnification.

"I wanted to love my X95, but it was a heavyish rifle that had trouble hitting at actual rifle distances. My SAR and ARs don't have that problem."

The 1-8x setup probably weighs close to the same as the Israeli fiber-optic triangle dot and the 3x magnifier setup I'm using now.

My X95 may not have accuracy problems. I certainly want to find out.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
The ADM recon high quick detach mount is what use with the same scope your using. The 2inch offset is not needed with this combo but I like to have the ability to swap it to my AR15.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The ADM recon high quick detach mount is what use with the same scope your using. The 2inch offset is not needed with this combo but I like to have the ability to swap it to my AR15.
View Quote
I like how ADM has a diagram of their mounts and shows all the dimensions. This can make selecting a mount much easier.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered the LaRue LT204. It should be in today. (Shipped the same day I ordered it.)

Was wondering if I should lap the rings?
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#13]
What's the tourque spec? Do you use loctite?
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered the LaRue LT204. It should be in today. (Shipped the same day I ordered it.)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The LT-204 is an excellent mount, you chose well.  I would ABSOLUTELY NOT lap those rings!

Quoted:
What's the tourque spec? Do you use loctite?
Go with the torque spec recommended by the manufacturer of the optic.  I use 18 inch pounds and add a dab of blue Loctite to the mounting screws.  I have a pile of LaRue mounts and all of the screws came with a dab of a compound that, I believe, functions as thread locker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top