Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2019 8:48:12 PM EDT
A fast question for those in the know:

On the various lengths of AUG barrels, 16, 18 and 20 for instance, is the only difference between the various barrel lengths the gas port diameter?

ORRR....

....are the gas cylinder plugs also ported differently on the various lengths?

Much thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've read the 16 and 20 barrels have the same size gas port. Seems hard to believe, but my 20 is most certainly more gassed than my 16.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've read the 16 and 20 barrels have the same size gas port. Seems hard to believe, but my 20 is most certainly more gassed than my 16.
View Quote
I wonder if the plugs are the same, also....hmmmm

@maleante

..can you shed some light on this, Sir?
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Gas regulators are all the same, excluding the suppressor plug. The part number hasn't changed so it should be the same assuming there weren't any changes or updates. I don't notice differences between 900 series and current M1s.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gas regulators are all the same, excluding the suppressor plug. The part number hasn't changed so it should be the same assuming there weren't any changes or updates. I don't notice differences between 900 series and current M1s.
View Quote
Thank you, my Good Sir!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Was wondering this recently as well, since I cut my AUG barrel down to 18". Read some people had done it without any function issues, but on the 3 times I've been out shooting since then, the first few rounds will have issues feeding (Had serious issues with Aguila 62gr, and it was the worst ammo I've ever used), and the subsequent two times have been with an unopened can of M193 in clips and I've had to scrap about 5 rounds the first time and 2 the second time due to poor feeding for the first few rounds.

After those rounds the last two times, the gun went back to running normally. I also don't have this issue with Hornady Black SBR HD 75gr which is the rounds I use for home defense . Don't know why low pressure ammo doesn't have the cycling issues, but there's that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top