Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2019 9:33:47 PM EDT
If so, what are you using to space your QD Mount? Spacers or the jam nut? I tried the jam nut and my POI shifted up 4” at 50yds. I’ve had the same suppressor shift down 2”, but never up.. The groups were significantly tighter with the suppressor
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested in this as well
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe try a different jam-nut?  I can see that part not being particularly concentric.  I've also been on the look out for a can solution (though I'm loving my tiny Faxon fork-brake) so I'll be paying attention
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd use the jam nut, but you could probably just let the mount index off the muzzle face instead.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a YHM Turbo on mine and I use the factory jam nut. POI shift was less than 1" at 50 yards IIRC. I had to use the jam nut because the barrel threads are about 1/4" longer than the threads on the brake.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#5]
My phantom mount ends up bottoming out about .14” away from the shoulder so I’m having a few cylindrical spacers made ranging .16/.2/.25 in length
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a 7.62 SPECWAR on mine and see the same impact shift of about 8in at 100 yards. Dont remember weather i used jam nut or the washer though. Last time i shot it was end of last summer i think.

Same can on my 223 savage bolt gun i see a inch drop at 100yrds . Group size is not affected in either platform by  the can though
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a 7.62 SPECWAR on mine and see the same impact shift of about 8in at 100 yards. Dont remember weather i used jam nut or the washer though. Last time i shot it was end of last summer i think.

Same can on my 223 savage bolt gun i see a inch drop at 100yrds . Group size is not affected in either platform by  the can though
View Quote
Well if there is some truth to the theory that some of the accuracy issues seen in these guns stem from barrel harmonics (heavy factory brake on the end of a rather thin pencil barrel) then a can would seem to exacerbate that issue
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a YHM Turbo on mine and I use the factory jam nut. POI shift was less than 1" at 50 yards IIRC. I had to use the jam nut because the barrel threads are about 1/4" longer than the threads on the brake.
View Quote
@loudnproud

How does the turbo sound on the rdb?

Thinking about picking one up.

I feel that my RDB is hearing safe with my Omega, but would like to dedicate that can to my home defense 300blk.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@loudnproud

How does the turbo sound on the rdb?

Thinking about picking one up.

I feel that my RDB is hearing safe with my Omega, but would like to dedicate that can to my home defense 300blk.
View Quote
@swampvol

It suppresses great. I have it set up as my home defense rifle. It can be shot suppressed without much discomfort sans ear pro, even indoors. Outside it sounds a bit louder than an unsuppressed .22 shooting supersonic rounds.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@swampvol

It suppresses great. I have it set up as my home defense rifle. It can be shot suppressed without much discomfort sans ear pro, even indoors. Outside it sounds a bit louder than an unsuppressed .22 shooting supersonic rounds.
View Quote
Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top