Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2019 12:04:34 PM EDT
So, I did look through the forums before posting and gained quite a bit of valuable info and ordered some parts to solve a few "issues/annoyances" I had with my AUG (Manticore CH, Few things from Steyr etc.)

But these are things I can't seem to find any solid information on, so any help is appreciated.

First the Tavor X95, I will preface this with I am not what people call a "small human" hahaha.. I am 6'8" and have a wingspan way over 7ft. Thus I have noticed Shouldering/shooting the Tavor is really uncomfortable for me.. Do they make any sort of butt-pad extenders? or similar things that would allow for me to get a proper cheek weld & get it seated correctly?

As right now its essentially one or the other, where as with the AUG its damn near perfect with the size/height etc...

Then on to my new favorite the AUG A3, yes the trigger isn't the best, but it breaks clean & is remarkably reliable, plus with the OAL I can both get it fitted in my shoulder correctly and get a proper cheek weld, and with a few things on the way from Steyr/(Corvus Defensio) & @Manticore Arms I am looking forward for making it a permanent fixture in the house...

That being said, I have read numerous threads/posts etc saying it was kinda a bitch to suppress.. Why is that? Simply a part of the BPup design, or directly an AUG issue? I have a SiCo. Hybrid and would like to be able to run it on the AUG as I have a spare "Minimalist" ASR Mount, is it as simple as removing the FHider on the AUG and replacing it with my ASR, or is it much more complex than that? Yes, I have considered a dedicated 556 can, but would like to work with what I've got vs buying/waiting for a new one just for this setup.

Lots of questions I know and apologize, but I'm new to the BullPup world (After lookin/lusting for awhile) and am in need of some help, so information/answers are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Suppressed STG77, Full Nelson Suppressor

The AUG isn’t a bitch to suppress, it’s just not as quiet as an AR15 due to the piston POP. I recommend the suppressor gas plug and buy the newer American thread pitch barrels. They are not CL but are still quality for your intended uses despite the on going debate. I had my barrel cut, tapered and threaded for my 308 Can, less back pressure and still quality sound reduction
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
dam sam, you jumped in with both feet, didn't you?

I have an AUG(actually 2)and a Tavor so I hear you. They're different but great.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Get a 20/20 sear for the AUG.....dropped my trigger down to decent 6.8# with an acceptable break
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I have a tendency to do that when I am interested in a product... plus well 2 different opportunities presented themselves both of which were good deals for me, so I decided to try both flavors of the more popular BullPups on the market, thinking I will be keeping the AUG for sure and follow advice given above on suppression, not sure on the X95 though at this point.. it may be going to the EE soon, we shall see.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
So you need an extender to make the Tavor longer to be comfortable shooting it, even though they're only about an inch apart in length of pull with the Tavor actually being longer?

FWIW, the Tavor suppresses much better than the AUG, and if you invest in a Geissele trigger pack you get a very nice, match AR trigger.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top