Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2019 6:14:19 PM EDT
I spent invested the first 100 rounds or so chasing the elevation.

The remaining rounds were used for windage and otherwise shooting for groups.

The optic adjustment is a bit weird, plus I had to wait on a second screw adjustment washer to complete the setup.

Once locked in it seems to stay there but the adjustment process is such that there’s really no adjusting for windage or elevation ‘on the fly’ like with the rear iron sight on an A2 and no turrets as on any other optic.

The FN is a 1x and it still has some radioactive life remaining though I did also get a REM illuminator.

I really dig it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The front objective is below the line-of-sight of the rear ocular. Naturally this tightens up the height-over-bore.

Attachment Attached File

Best pic I could get of the reticle. The actual view has the outer ring almost aligned with the opening.  There is also a very small dot in the center

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifle! I don't own a PS90 yet, I need to add one to my collection. When I pick one up I want the factory optic, specifically the black one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally I prefer the design machines mounts and a mro or aimpoint myself. I'd also form 1 that gun and switch it to the shorter barrel.

Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I think mine only took maybe half a mag, but I don’t fault you, the adjustment is definitely different and kinda wonky. I didn’t use the tool, just an Allen key and flathead. I think there are much better sights available, and the DM mounts really help them with the HOB associated with rails. Still, the OEM sights retain the correct look of the SBR PS90, which is more important to me than absolute top performance. If I were building a rifle for serious use, it wouldn’t be a PS90 SBR in the first place.

I’ve had all of the OEM sights by now, and the black ring is hard to beat. There are push button LED variants out now though. I picked up an LED white ring/fiber optic, and the white ring is actually WAY more usable than on my old polymer white ring. Like, it’s actually serviceable in a lot of lighting conditions, whereas the earlier polymer one was all but invisible except in certain lighting conditions. The LED illumination is NICE, but I don’t really need it most of the time. The FO works pretty good.

ETA: DEF do a form 1. SBR’ing my PS90 is easily one of the coolest gun related things I’ve ever done. I never regret a stamp, but the SBR PS90 is beyond cool.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
It's easy to get tritium, probably too easy.

I've purchased from here before: https://www.mixglo.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

No problems with shipping and items arrived exactly as described.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally I prefer the design machines mounts and a mro or aimpoint myself. I'd also form 1 that gun and switch it to the shorter barrel.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/QaDM7H.jpg
View Quote
I wish I’d neen able to form 1 b4 41P/F FUATF WTF ever it is.  But I’m just done with the circus
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
How do we switch out thw tritium?
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the tritium is just glued to the outside of a window, under a blob of silicone type material.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#12]
That site has AIDS.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/QaDM7H.jpg
View Quote
@ccosby

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CASE!
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@ccosby

View Quote
The p90 case there.

Gatewood has them used for a little less.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@ccosby

The p90 case there.

Gatewood has them used for a little less.
A used case is perfect.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been using a bulldog takedown case, but that one looks moh bettah!
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A used case is perfect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A used case is perfect.
Mine is a used one from gatewood. I want to say I did that because they were not in stock new.

Quoted:
I've been using a bulldog takedown case, but that one looks moh bettah!
It fits the gun very well(I mean it was designed for it). I'd recommend it to others.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice!

Everyone should have a PS90.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Picked up my first one yesterday after wanting one for decades lol
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I originally have the black ring sight.

Then recently went with a Leupold Prismatic on a Tros sight.
Excellent sight & great on a 90.  But I also had a green fiber optic sight sitting.  Figured the Prismatic would be bettwr served on another weapon where the 2nd ring sight I could not use with anything else.  When i bought it I definitely liked it better than the original black soght.  Just a hair larger but more importantly I had less reflection on the objective than I did with the black ring sight.

Now I finally SBR’d it & decided the small form factor was most important to me so I installed the green dot fiber ring sught as well as a REM illuminator for it just because I figure get it now before I mount the sight.

Before:

Now:

Just got done & still need to sight it in. Already laser bore sighted it.  Just from mounting & bore sighting I know it wont be as easy as the rest.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I originally have the black ring sight.

Then recently went with a Leupold Prismatic on a Tros sight.
Excellent sight & great on a 90.  But I also had a green fiber optic sight sitting.  Figured the Prismatic would be bettwr served on another weapon where the 2nd ring sight I could not use with anything else.  When i bought it I definitely liked it better than the original black soght.  Just a hair larger but more importantly I had less reflection on the objective than I did with the black ring sight.

Now I finally SBR’d it & decided the small form factor was most important to me so I installed the green dot fiber ring sught as well as a REM illuminator for it just because I figure get it now before I mount the sight.

Before:
https://i.imgur.com/y58XdtJ.jpg
Now:
https://i.imgur.com/BYgqLyU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/pQHPxg3.jpg
Just got done & still need to sight it in. Already laser bore sighted it.  Just from mounting & bore sighting I know it wont be as easy as the rest.
View Quote
That’s a good looking setup. Pic of green illuminated reticle per chance?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That’s a good looking setup. Pic of green illuminated reticle per chance?
View Quote
Also lit by tritium in absolute darkness
Also can replace the single 2032 battery with dual 2016 batteries to increase the REM output.  I still have the single 2032 in it.

Just Fiber-Optic/tritium. Overhead Room Lights Off.

Just Fiber-Optic

REM Lowest Setting

REM Highest Setting
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Neat, looks like a slick efficient package, that makes me want one. But I’m getting a small human in November so no new guns for a long time probably. Wedding next month plus small human latter this year = broke.

Is the non lit part white or is that a optical illusion from the camera?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#24]
dupe/ double tap
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#25]
The circle/T reticle is white. Etched maybe.

On the black aka secret service ring sight the circle/T is black and the T is lit by tritium in darkness - amber or red if I remember correctly.

Thanks & congratulations btw
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I heard the SBR ps90 barrels are now uber hard to aquire. Is that true?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nah..

https://fn57sale.com/product/ps90-sbr-barrel-kit/
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah..

https://fn57sale.com/product/ps90-sbr-barrel-kit/
I think i need one
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The circle/T reticle is white. Etched maybe.

On the black aka secret service ring sight the circle/T is black and the T is lit by tritium in darkness - amber or red if I remember correctly.

Thanks & congratulations btw
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
CMMG aftermarket barrels are not hard to find. Hi Desert Dog is out of the ones they made I believe.

Hell if you really don't mind spending some money gatewood has factory p90 barrels off postie machine guns.
I personally had my factory barrel cut down but here is an original.

TSC Machine did the sbr work on my gun and did the barrel threading. He did the barrel on a friends gun too and both have been good.

I liked where he put the engraving too, most I've seen were put higher.

His logo is hidden by the charging handle when forward.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As to SBR barrels for the PS90, Mark McWillis of TROS has cut and properly threaded over 1,000 to date.

When he cuts a barrel it’s virtually indistinguishable from a FACTORY P90 barrel.
View Quote
The problem with TROS isn't the quality, its the time it takes to get something from him.

Last thing I ordered from him(3 lug adapter) took 13 months to get(he said they were in stock when I ordered). Luckily I wanted it as a spare. A lot of people have complained about his delays.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#33]
No problems at all getting SBR barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top